LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
330rwhp 345ft Lbs

Put some "test" headers and off road pipes on the car. The car sounds AWESOME! (will prolbably leave the stock catback on it)

I want to play around with it a little more and tweak the tune a tiny bit. Keep in mind the car has 18 miles on it. @ peak tq I gained about 30 solid.

Info on the headers ... true long tube design 34" primary tubes :D

Need to try an induction and drop the catback.

-DY-
Highest Dynoing 2004 GTO in the WORLD! (for now)

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
DevilYellow said:
Put some "test" headers and off road pipes on the car. The car sounds AWESOME! (will prolbably leave the stock catback on it)

I want to play around with it a little more and tweak the tune a tiny bit. Keep in mind the car has 18 miles on it. @ peak tq I gained about 30 solid.

Info on the headers ... true long tube design 34" primary tubes :D

Need to try an induction and drop the catback.

-DY-
Highest Dynoing 2004 GTO in the WORLD! (for now)

:bubbrub WAY TO GO DY. :D

NICE NUMBERS!!!!!!!
Looks like it's time for a set of wings.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
:thumbs: Nice numbers. I'm pretty sure thats inline with alot of LS1 fbodies.

some questions ? what headers ? no CAI ?

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car has not been driven on the road yet, only the dyno (there is TONS of snow coming down right now)....

The headers and dyno belong to a local shop also a sponsor here. Right now there is still some tweaking needed to be done so there is no official release yet. The a$$ dyno is currently out of commission until the roads clear up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That sounds great! I had a 2001 A4 Z28 that dynoed 341 with FLP LTs, cutout, and a Direct Flo airlid. Those numbers look great!

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Awesome! Mine is right behind DY's but I will be ditching the cats, resonators and cat-back on mine.

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 334 is with open headers ... 4/5 HP isnt worth the noise for me. The stock catback sounds awesome with the headers. We'll have to see. With no tuning and only 24 miles on it now I dont expect it to be a dyno king.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
It depends on the note of the noise. I don't want Borla like "box of rocks" raspiness. I want it like my BBC where not only do I hear it's deep rumble a block away, but also "feel" it a block away.

Having those stock resonators and muffler won't allow that. As to the cats, the way it'll be set up is for easy switching between an off-road pipe and a set of free flow cats.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nimrod question, will full length headers work with the factory CATS?

tyvm,
Tom

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No they wont. There are provisions for aftermarket cats. The factory cats are up on the manifold, anything longer than a "shorty" header would not accommodate stock cats. I would not recommend shorty headers, as they have historically not been big power makers.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts