LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We got done fabing up an intake system, longtube headers, full exhaust and a nitrous system and the results are great. Photos are below.

347.6 RWHP
360.8 RWT

Nitrous shot 100
426.9 RWHP
506.0 RWT

Everything sounds great and looks even better cheers to all. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RAZRS EDGE said:
nice #'s you got there. You guys do any tuning?
Yes we do we will be posted as vendor here as soon as I fill out the paper work this week.

Cheers

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Very nice indeed.

One thing I like about the new GTO is the exhaust/noise level. I like cruising on the highway and being able to hear my XM Radio, but also being able to punch it and get that satisfying "growl."

So my question is this: with a full CAI, cat-back and headers, how is daily driveability and the noise level? The GM engineers apparently spent a lot of time on the exhaust note, and I don't want to ruin a good thing.

Also, Optic, I checked your website but couldn't find any location info. You in the Atlanta area? If so, you may have a potential customer. :)

Padre

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The noise level is perfect you can cruse with no problem hearing your radio set on the low level, when you punch it it just makes a great impression to you and who you are around without being to loud. With the cats in place it is quiter when you punch it but the sound is one of a kind. Yes we are located in Atlanta GA I have been on the corvette forums with my vettes for some time this is just another R and D car we wanted to do to help the GTO get to where it should be.

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dont post much but I do read everything. What are you guys using to "tune" your cars? Is it a custom reprogrammer like LS1Edit or something like the Diablo programmer? Also what are some of the specs on your headers like the flanges. What is the air intake system made out of?

On your nitrous system that you ran for these numbers, what was the jet sizes? I know some consider a NOS #52 jet to be a 100HP shot and some thinks it is a 125HP shot. On my 02 GMC a 52 jet made 100HP more to the wheels. What brand system was it.. It looks like a Nitrous Works system.

Did you do any tuning on this car for those numbers? Also do you make your own mufflers or are you using a name brand type like flowmaster or magnaflow? Is your exhaust system still a true dual setup or is it different?

Sorry for the many questions but you are pretty close to me and might get some of my money in the future.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The headers are ceramic coated with 3/8 flanges, the intake is a lightweight aluminum powered coated in silver like the fuel rail covers or in black. The nitrous system is a BG system and the nitrous jet is a 50. We tune on the dyno using LS1 edit and we did tune the car.

Cheers

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yes let us know about tuning option for the 06 GTO. Right now i am running DiabloSport Predator w/k&n drop-in

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
This thread is more than two years old and MDMC is no longer a sponsor of LS1GTO.com. PM me if you want info on Atlanta-area tuners.

Padre

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
Ummm... PapitoGTO? Did you notice that the last post in that thread was over two years old? Subscribing might be disappointing...

EDIT: Yeah, what HE^^^ said...

·
Registered
363 Posts
gto_in_nc said:
Ummm... PapitoGTO? Did you notice that the last post in that thread was over two years old? Subscribing might be disappointing...

EDIT: Yeah, what HE^^^ said...
Man, I didn't even notice.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:sneaky: :sneaky:
PapitoGTO said:
Man, I didn't even notice.

I didnt notice either but it's time to run what you brung or or leave it alone. Thats a fun callout

1 - 14 of 14 Posts