LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got done fabing up an intake system, longtube headers, full exhaust and a nitrous system and the results are great. Photos are below.

347.6 RWHP
360.8 RWT

Nitrous shot 100
426.9 RWHP
506.0 RWT

Everything sounds great and looks even better cheers to all.

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Nice work. Can you tell me more about the headers? Were there cats on the vehicle?

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Solid numbers. Any more details ? Cats ? etc

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Looking Good!!!
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The numbers are with out cats the system we make you can either have cats in the front pipes or no cats just by taking them out in say 10 min. With the cats it lost 6 RWHP so its not a huge loss but a loss. :)

Cheers

·
Sewell Pontiac
300 Posts
Let us know when those headers are available. I think you will have some people interested.

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
What will these headers cost, with the cats, and when can I buy a set?

Any welding or direct bolt in?

I need headers!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1COOLPC said:
What will these headers cost, with the cats, and when can I buy a set?

Any welding or direct bolt in?

I need headers!!!
The headers with the high flow cats and race pipes which eliminates the cats if needed for track use are $1495.00 shipped. The Headers alone are $1050.00 shipped. With out buying the back 2.5 exhaust ststem it is not a bolt on application you must cut and weld.

Cheers

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
OK, thanks. I'm still looking for a set that will allow me to use cats (Any cats) and be a 100% bolt in system and retain the stock rear exhaust. I think you will find this be a popular set up since the stock GTO is nearly the perfect blend of good sound and low noise. I hope a set makes it out that fits this criteria someday. It's nearly impossible in bigger cities to find shops that will even touch a new car with headers and different/moved cats. I don't know of one in Seattle that will do it. So no welding is a key element for a lot of people.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1COOLPC said:
OK, thanks. I don't know of one in Seattle that will do it. So no welding is a key element for a lot of people.
You will have to break down and weld there is no way to put long tube headers on this car and use the stock cat section and not cut and weld something. We will have a system that uses the high flow cats and the stock back section that will be bolt on in the next month. Have a great one.

Cheers

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Opticz06 said:
We will have a system that uses the high flow cats and the stock back section that will be bolt on in the next month.
That is the system I will be looking for. It is important to me to keep the APPEARANCE of the stock tail pipes. I would not mind if they were bigger pipes, but I definitely want both pipes to exit the same side in the rear, like stock.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FLORIT said:
That is the system I will be looking for. It is important to me to keep the APPEARANCE of the stock tail pipes. I would not mind if they were bigger pipes, but I definitely want both pipes to exit the same side in the rear, like stock.
Even the 2.5 exhaust system we offer has the same type chrome tips that exit the same side.

Cheers

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Opticz06 said:
We will have a system that uses the high flow cats and the stock back section that will be bolt on in the next month. Have a great one.
That is exactly and 100% what I'm looking for. What will be the cost of this kit? A bolt in long tube header system with cats that requires no welding that will use my stock mufflers and tail pipes.

I wish I had access to welding but I can't do it at home and no shops will do it so I can't think of any other choices.

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
Are the headers ceramic coated? How much is the whole package including exhaust?Can you get some sound bites?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
1COOLPC said:
I don't know of one in Seattle that will do it. So no welding is a key element for a lot of people.
Dang I live in Kent. I have been looking for a decent High performance place. Blood Enterprises in Auburn is about the closest to me. Where abouts are you?
:thumbs:

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Tails said:
Dang I live in Kent. I have been looking for a decent High performance place. Blood Enterprises in Auburn is about the closest to me. Where abouts are you?
:thumbs:
Cool! I'm up in Lynnwood. We have Brad's Auto in Lake City but he doesn't do exhaust work...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts