LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I going out to our local Steel Valley nationals (big car event) a little while ago and my buddy came over with his Z. We were to follow each other out until he hit the gas on the on ramp. So, i followed suit. He could not pull away from me at all. Then about a four miles of freeway later, I dropped into fourth and watched my friends ego drop through the floor mats as a came out from behind him, then beside him then way ahead of him. He tried to roll with me, but just couldn't

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
nice kill, can we say that we can kill a Z on the 1/4 or not?

·
Registered
77 Posts
What did you expect on the highway? Not only does the GTO have more power to start with, it's large displacement engine is home on the freeway :)

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
GTOkid said:
What did you expect on the highway? Not only does the GTO have more power to start with, it's large displacement engine is home on the freeway :)
dude i like this quote "home on the freeway" :drink:

·
Chief Poncho
3,032 Posts
I test drove a Nissan 350Z before purchasing my 04 GTO. The Nissan was quick for what it was. It wasn't until I test drove the 04 GTO that I realized the 350Z had nothing on the GTO as far as powe goes. Nissan 350Z were tested at mid to low 14's Stock. A few have gotten in the high 13's.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I test drove a Nissan 350Z before purchasing my 04 GTO. The Nissan was quick for what it was. It wasn't until I test drove the 04 GTO that I realized the 350Z had nothing on the GTO as far as powe goes. Nissan 350Z were tested at mid to low 14's Stock. A few have gotten in the high 13's.
and yet alot of haters out there think the gto's slower.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Z is more nimble than the goat, but it just cant match the feeling of all that muscle. Plus, it is nice to go triple digits in something a bit bigger than a sardine can...

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Once you go past 85-90 mph, there is no replacement for displacement. The GTO's and Vettes and F bodies own the triple digit speed territory. Good ol' American V8 will stomp on the 350 Z's, SRT's, and the WRX's......They may be able to hang with you from a standing start and on surface roads but once you enter the autobahn.....see ya don't wanna be ya!

·
Registered
980 Posts
desertgoat said:
there is no replacement for displacement
I love that statement!!!

_DM

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
At the local 1/8th mile, the 350Z's were running low to mid 10's. I did not see ONE break into the 9's. My novice driving skills were able to propel the GTO to low to mid 9's, and the car is capable of much better times (with a better driver.) I posted a thread called "Now I'm Mad" about a 350Z that wanted to play in traffic. I sure wish I could find that guy. I owe him an ass whippin'.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts