LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were cruising at about 40 on our 4+2+4 lane city thoroughfare (1960), and this nice Z gave me a genuine thumbs up, and motioned for me to roll window down.
I did, and he said "nice car, how do you like it ?"

I said I loved it, and he said that they never let him test drive it, so he got the Z.
I told him that I was given a GTO for the weekend, and he said his refusal was in '04.

He again said nice car, and I asked for a quick little run, and he oblidged from 20 to 60.
As he came back up, he said "more torque, man", and we grinned, and went on our merry way.

A guy at my restaurant today noticed the Goat, and said "what's that ?", and I replied "what does it look like?" - not ****y at all - and he said a GTO, and I grinned.

A guy at a light shortly after that in a Blazer or something, said I like your car.

Today was beautiful in Houston, so the windows down/AC off = good time for smalltalk.

I read the other thread, where no one gets compliments and such...but I get them all day long here.

That said, I am a nice guy mostly and grin as opposed to mocking...most of the time, so appear approachable and basically fun-loving.

Southern Hospitality FTW !!

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Getting compliments ftw. No matter how many times I hear nice car, I always have a SEG on my face.

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
+1000 I get compliments all the time just talked to my neighborhood UPS delivery guy he was complimenting. I get random guys drive up next to me in all kinds of cars and start yelling nice car and asking about it. I LOVE my Vicious.

·
Moderhatin'
6,723 Posts
There are not a lot of Goats in New Orleans so i hear "what's that" all the time. The what's that is ususlly followed by a "That's a fine car man" or "Does it Run." My responses are "Thanks" or "Like a bat out of hell," followed by the complementary engine rev.

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
I don't think I've taken this car out once that people don't stare, kids don't go nuts, or someone doesn't gives me compliments. I had some really nice Hispanic Guy driving a really clean Grand Prix waiting for me when I got out of the gym. He was going crazy on how the GTO is his dream car, and he thinks they are the best looking car on the road. I think he almost soiled himself when i told him how much hp and started it up. He must have asked me 50 questions about the car.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I’ve been getting compliments every time I pull into a gas station(which is often lately). I had a mustang driver come over Monday night and ask what it was putting out HP wise. He was cool about it and asked questions about the mods. It was hard to keep the SEG down and not look like an ass. I could tell from the way he was asking he didn't expect the answer he got. He just kinda said "oh, well the exhaust sounded good". Then he came back and asked “you got that from just from headers and exhaust upgrade“?
I started grinning again and told him no, that was with the additional help of the cam and Maggie I had mentioned earlier(casually of course

1 - 6 of 6 Posts