1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
HPT Street Tuner
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
582 Posts
bluegoat, i went over there and gave them my opinions. there was too much glorifying of the "kill" story that was not anything really like that.

before i bought my GTO, i drove a Z car and it simply did not compare to the GTO. if it did, i'd have either bought the Z or had a much harder time deciding. but the GTO sits in my driveway. the Z is in no way on par with the GTO. and i am an avid Nismo fan saying this.

i've seen Millen beat Zs many times in D1GP events at Irwindale and Fontana, so they cannot pin that on the Z as something to be proud of.

·
Silver street surfer
291 Posts
i've seen Millen beat Zs many times in D1GP events at Irwindale and Fontana, so they cannot pin that on the Z as something to be proud of.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Steve Millen who owns Stillen? Doesn't he have that 900hp Z?

·
its only a 5.7 its the slow1
1,241 Posts
lol,''i beat a c5 today in my cai 350 today'' <wtf i got my ass handed tome by a c5 .

·
Registered
66 Posts
I put a bad beating on a G35 coup a few days ago from a dig. It had at least an aftermarket exhaust, which was evident from the big mufflers, tips and sound.
We both took off kind of strong but not WOT, half way through my first gear he punched it as did I and I instantly pulled a length by the top of first, I shifted to second with a strong chirp and a little back end wiggle (had the TC off) and just continued to pull away strong till the top of second when I noticed he gave up. He hid behind another car at the next light. It was pretty funny.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I like the one guy saying they have a lot of potential. I've seen super/turbocharged 350zs run 13s all night. They respond horribly to mods, and are truly a disgrace to the Z car.

·
Registered
582 Posts
kudos, Dark Night in your awesome Caddy. yes, i've driven a G35 6MT. they're not very torquey or fast. disappointing. and i love Nismo stuff; neat cars they have. but the GTO (and CTS) is another planet entirely.

i'm curious about the XLR. how is that? i've never driven one. but i like them better than a Corvette.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
other than a few misinformed Z owners(GTO only traps 106mph), most seemed pretty cool and even the thread starter was surprised at the outcome. First off the Z that pulled the LS2 GTO was bolt ons with CAMS! that would/should make things more interesting, especially if the Z owner can out drive the other guy. Maybe the GTO was in heatsoak which we know KILLS an LS2.

Look at veetec. He ran what a 13.3 with stock cams. i'm not sure what cams add to a Z ,but if it's anything like an LS2, it's a significant mod!

For the record I have never lost to a Z in a straight away. They do handle better than the GTo IMO, as I could not keep pace with one on the freeway in corners.

I would gladly run any bolt-on Z local to me...and I promise not to powershift the Goat..If you win free tank of gas on me!!:) No troll war intended. I do like the Z no doubt!!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
jumbojet said:
other than a few misinformed Z owners(GTO only traps 106mph), most seemed pretty cool and even the thread starter was surprised at the outcome. First off the Z that pulled the LS2 GTO was bolt ons with CAMS! that would/should make things more interesting, especially if the Z owner can out drive the other guy. Maybe the GTO was in heatsoak which we know KILLS an LS2.

Look at veetec. He ran what a 13.3 with stock cams. i'm not sure what cams add to a Z ,but if it's anything like an LS2, it's a significant mod!

For the record I have never lost to a Z in a straight away. They do handle better than the GTo IMO, as I could not keep pace with one on the freeway in corners.

I would gladly run any bolt-on Z local to me...and I promise not to powershift the Goat..If you win free tank of gas on me!!:) No troll war intended. I do like the Z no doubt!!
A Z is not a great handling car by any means. And mods don't make much of a difference to a Z car, they don't respond well at all.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
read the damn rules man...

·
"There's no good sharks?"
1,294 Posts
the thing that bothers me about the Z is that the VQ engine is stuffed into everything that Nissan makes. It just isn't special. When a minivan (quest) has the same basic "performance" engine, it just leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. It needs something more, which is why we are seeing a TT setup coming.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts