LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im driving on colonial and I see some bright lights coming up behind me pretty fast so I slow down a little and drop it into 3rd. Its a 350Z and the guy looks at me so I drop it to 2nd and from about 50 we take off. To my amazement we are neck in neck to about 110 and I pulled him just a hair and shut it down at about 120. Next we do it from a dig and we are dead even again to about 100 and then we went our separate ways after he shot me a peace sign..lol I wish I knew what he had done to his car because it was pretty darn quick.

·
Registered
500 Posts
On a good day, the 350Z can hit 13.6 - 13.8 @ 105 mph or so, not very fast but with a good driver, it should give LS1 GTO a good race. Time to mod your car. ;)

·
www.theangrygoat.com
417 Posts
My room mate has one, and my g/f had one its ok not too impressed he wants to race the Mach 1 told him to get some mods :gears:

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
71 gto said:
couldnt have been stock to stick with you from a dig, thats for sure.
+1, he was modded.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
03EBZ06 said:
On a good day, the 350Z can hit 13.6 - 13.8 @ 105 mph or so, not very fast but with a good driver, it should give LS1 GTO a good race. Time to mod your car. ;)
I disagree with a stock 350Z trapping at 105. Best I've seen is 102. Also a Z hitting a 13.6 is like a '03/04 Cobra hitting a 12.4 stock. It's very, very, rare. I've done my homework on these cars.

·
Banned
993 Posts
the 350 had to be modded, they arent powerful enough stock to hang door to door with any gto. and most people forget they arent all the same hp. the base model has only like 254hp i think. the only top of the line model ive seen dyno put down 251 to the wheels. they've gotta be twin turbo to to really run( samething with the g35's)

·
CEO Afros Across America(AAA)
3,005 Posts
i could see something happening on the streets where from a roll he sticks with you for some reason, but from a dig those things have no torque compared to a GTO so that is why i believe it had to be moded. probably some more serious stuff too like a fun stick.

·
Z PoPo
668 Posts
TORNATIC!! said:
I disagree with a stock 350Z trapping at 105. Best I've seen is 102. Also a Z hitting a 13.6 is like a '03/04 Cobra hitting a 12.4 stock. It's very, very, rare. I've done my homework on these cars.
You have?

True about the 105.

I hit 103.03 stock, and some guy just posted about running over 104 stock, last week, but still turned a 13.8 time, due to lack of launching skills.

Oh, and I must have one of those very, very, rare Z's, since mine went 13.6

Really it's not the car, it's the driver.

·
Registered
582 Posts
in this case, yes, it is the driver.

yet in all fairness, it's both the car and the driver. you can launch a stock 1965 VW Beetle all day really well and the GTO will beat it even if the driver in the GTO sucks. nearly-matched cars --all things considered give or take-- will be a driver's race.

·
Z PoPo
668 Posts
420GTO said:
the 350 had to be modded, they arent powerful enough stock to hang door to door with any gto. and most people forget they arent all the same hp. the base model has only like 254hp i think. the only top of the line model ive seen dyno put down 251 to the wheels. they've gotta be twin turbo to to really run( samething with the g35's)
Are you talking about brake hp or rwhp?

The base model all the way up had the same power from 2003-2004, which was 287 hp and 274 tq.

In 2005 the 350Z Track and 35th got the new rev up, which went from 287 to 300 hp, but dropped some torque, from 274, down to 260. All other models had the 287/274 VQ.

In 2006 they all have the 300 hp revup motor.

·
Resident workaholic
2,250 Posts
VeeTec said:
Ding! Ding! We have a winner! :judge:

·
Claybar Torrid RED!
160 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
VeeTec said:
You have?

True about the 105.

I hit 103.03 stock, and some guy just posted about running over 104 stock, last week, but still turned a 13.8 time, due to lack of launching skills.

Oh, and I must have one of those very, very, rare Z's, since mine went 13.6

Hey VeeTec I meant no disrespect to the 350Z. I know your car hit a 13.6 at 102 but your a great driver. The average Z I see runs from low 14's to high 13's trapping from 98-102. I was just trying to correct homeboy on that 105 trap speed. Even you know that's too steep for a stock Z. Of course I know how well your Z moves. My black pony has seen the back end of your Z a few times:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, the 350Z definitely wasnt stock, it was rather loud, and it hung with the goat...lol but also the driver told me it wasnt, just didnt say what he had done to it

·
Is how strong not how many
64 Posts
Mizat1369 said:
Yea, the 350Z definitely wasnt stock, it was rather loud, and it hung with the goat...lol but also the driver told me it wasnt, just didnt say what he had done to it
That sounds right. My Stillen SC 350Z + mods puts down 360rwhp, could hang with you for a while, plus the SC off the line tq will surprise you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts