LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Comp Cams is awesome and are very nice to me :) I put in a cam, springs, pushrods, tit retainers, and stainless works headers. The cam was almost easier than the headers. That rack can be a tad annoying.

EDIT: in all fairness I should also mention that I have an underdrive pulley and that the belt it told me to buy was one size too small

301 RWHP Stock

I seriously picked up 60-70RWHP at 6500 from my 334 RWHP Headers run back in January.

The car ran a bit rich, starting at 12.7 and dipping to 12.2....also I saw that it logged 5* of KR but since it didnt save the entire log I couldnt replay that to see where it was. So some tweaking of the A/F to bring it up to 12.8/12.9 and massaging the spark advace on a day with better weather and I hope to see 380RWHP.

I am now the GTO HP King of the Midwest. Dyno Graphs to follow in a few days.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I plan on going the week after the work is done on my car. saved 6hrs vac to go into work late on a tues so I don't have to wait in line all night.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Sounds nice. How would you rank the cam on a scale of stock to Mr. Vesuvius? Did you do the dial, or your LS1 guy?

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its not as big as a 231 duration .... thats too much for driving around. but its a close step down. the lift is in the 580's. The Dial? I put the cam in.... not to bad. I had someone make a base tune for me so that I could get it running right away.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Sorry, dial is Clevelandese for tune. It should be interesting to see what develops on a cooler day. Do you expect an MPG hit?

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
DevilYellow said:
You havnt driven with me ;)
Anything like your buddy with the BMW? :D
Say no more.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Awesome numbers for just a cam and some bolt ons. It's nice to have a pushrod motor and be able to change the soul of the car so easily with just a cam. H/C is in my mind if i can find the money. Emissions is the biggest concern i have but there is alot of good power to be had from the LS1 and still be emissions legal.

·
3,327 Posts
fine tune it a little, get me a price, and someday I will make time to get up to Chicago to copy you. :D

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Would this cam be similar to any cams being talked about for a certain local GTO owner who is the moderator of this section? I don't want to mention names or anything. :D

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Adam4356 said:
Emissions is the biggest concern i have.
Long as you don't have to run an IM240 dyno run for emissions in your state you are pretty much set. IL has changed to a DTC and monitor status inspection which anyone could pretty much pass.

For the sake of making things run smooth if I have to go to the test lane someday I will switch back to manifolds and OE cats.

DYs GTO sounds very stealthy. Anyone could have told me all he had done was headers and from the exhaust sound i'd fall for it ;) till I saw the dyno numbers :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts