LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been 38 days since the rear-end in my Goat fell apart and they still haven't fixed it. Still waiting on a CV assembly. I have started the paperwork to file a lemon law claim. They called me yesterday to discuss this and said they would do everything they can to expedite the part. Maybe if they had done that to begin with we would not be in this situation. Anyway, they have til the 28th to do something. Trust me, I would rather have my car back.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
That REALLY sucks, hope you get it back soon and better than ever.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Rockos GTO said:
If I was you I would have started the paperwork 10 days ago.......... but I would be imposing the lemon law.
i agree you need to start getting tough :punch:

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
powrtrippin said:
It's been 38 days since the rear-end in my Goat fell apart and they still haven't fixed it. Still waiting on a CV assembly. I have started the paperwork to file a lemon law claim. They called me yesterday to discuss this and said they would do everything they can to expedite the part. Maybe if they had done that to begin with we would not be in this situation. Anyway, they have til the 28th to do something. Trust me, I would rather have my car back.
I think you should just go with the Lemon Law now and get a brand new GTO. This is crap why settle for a worked on car that you bought new. Just get a new one now and hopefully you won't have any problems.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dbluegoat said:
i agree you need to start getting tough :punch:
Hey man, believe me, I'm trying. I didn't know that VA law allowed 15 days after written notice for the company to fix the car or I would have something else by now. I only found out because I called a lawyer. I would still rather have my car back though. We have a special relationship..... :(

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
I'm in a similar boat. Dealer can't seem to fix the clunking rear or squeaking dash, despite having the car for eight days now. I've only owned the car for twenty days, and it's got about 800 miles on it! Factor in the additional $2500 in incentives that came out five days after I bought the car, and, well, I'm steamed.

I've been in touch with Jim Hopson and Art Spong. Getting ready to research Wisconsin's Lemon Laws - surely there's another A4 Cosmos nearby...

--Robert

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Do all GTO's have the dash and trunk problem? And is GM claiming it is a defect?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have had my goat for close to 3,300.00 miles now and only hear the rattle in the rear when I go down a street with a downward angle or into a parking lot with a steep angle at the entrance. I love this car so I dont mind it.

I have to say that I upgraded when I got into the goat. I left behind a Honda Civic SI and that car had a few initial problems but after they had been fixed it was worry free for 50,000.00 miles, right up to when I sold it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
No available parts

I have a milky film residue behind the glass in my headlights. They said they will replace them when the new ones come in. The bad news is they have none available and have no idea when they will become availble. My question is what it I had non usable or damaged headlights. That would add up to don't drive the car.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
So is GM and dealers fixing the trunk issue and the dash issue under warranty.

My understanding is that the dash has to do with foam.

What is wrong with the rear?

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
Fast GTO said:
Do all GTO's have the dash and trunk problem? And is GM claiming it is a defect?
I haven't had the dash noise.....yet, but I have had the noise/wheel hop from the rear. I called and told Pontiac about it and after about 3 rounds they agreed to fixed it under the warranty. They installed 2 rear insulators/retainers (p/n#90447991) and bolts.(p/n#92038482) to the right rear spring/shock tower assembly. That fixed the problem, no more hop or clunks!!

ROK

1 - 13 of 13 Posts