LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am alive.....if anyone cares. We lost power Sunday morning and it just got restored an hour ago. Most of the county and city looks like a bomb went off. We had no power and no water. It rained and rained and rained for days. Today was the first day without rain. I bought a Generator at sears on saturday, it was the last one they had. The generator kept the frig, a fan, and my two fish tanks running. Life without out power is chaos and leads to depression. No damage to the GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or the house. Trees snapped everywhere around us many roads blocked by downed power lines and trees........the yard looks like a disaster zone, tree limbs and crap everywhere. The hurricane moved sooo slow the rain would stop for about 30 minutes at a time and then come again. I built a make shift box to protect the generator from the rain. Last night the first half of our street and all the streets surrounding us got their power back. 8 houses were isolated on a different grid, so they told us this morning that we might be out of power until sunday at midnight. Mentally I could not have gone another day. I have only had 6 hours sleep since saturday night. It is not possible to sleep when the humidity is 90% and its 70-80 degress at night with no breeze. I could go on for hours........4 days feels like a month or more........
ELECTRICITY is the most important thing in the world today :hail: :hail: . There are some 75000+ still without power in the county and some in rural areas are being told 3-4weeks. Gas stations are still without any gas, there is no ice and the stores are stripped bare. Finding a loaf of bread would be like winning the lottery right now. I will post more later and with pics. For now I am going to get some air conditioned sleep. Thanks to everyone who missed me.
Godbless you all,
and IVAN......STAY THE **** AWAY, you mother****er.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Glad you are ok and that you have electricity. My thoughts are with all those that were devistated by Hurricane Francis. I'm sure you will be watching Hurricane Ivan's direction.

·
Have car, will travel
32 Posts
I know I don't know you, but I'm glad to hear you're ok, too. I wouldn't wish this kind of devastation on anyone, not even my worst enemy.

Are people starting to brace for Ivan, yet?

·
duh
1,214 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
Well I am alive.....No damage to the GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..............ELECTRICITY is the most important thing in the world today :hail: :hail:
Good to hear you made it through all right. :) I can't comment on the damage having never experienced it myself. But I agree with you 110% about electricity. I remember last year and 3 days without, not something I would want to repeat. :banghead:

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Of course we care! I'm glad your ok. I've been wondering about you Florida people.
I hope your life gets back to normal fast. I'm know I'm taking a deep breath and
thanking God for the life I have. Take care! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Guys, glad to hear you are ok. I hope that everyone is safe and well in Florida and surrounding areas hit by Francis.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Glad to hear that you made it through mostly intact DBlue. I hope for yours and everyone else's sake that Ivan hits Alabama (we don't have any goats there that I know of lol) or someplace else along the Gulf Coast away from Florida.

But it's not looking good right now, I just pulled this off of the National Hurricane Center.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Dbluegoat, hang in there man. I'm so sorry you guys went for so long without power. I lost it too, but only for short periods of time. That happend about 4-5 times. I prayed everytime it came back on. We had tons of downed trees/ debris etc. No gas for 2 days but we just started getting gas yesterday. Hang in there bro. It got hectic down here SAT night but everything's cool. Others aren't as fortunate. I hope Ivan stays his F*&^%&&g a$$ away too. I couldn't deal with another one I and I didn't get crap compared to others.

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you to all.........at least I will have a few days to enjoy sunshine before the next one. If power is cut again and I have to endure the same torture, I am moving north.

·
13 year owner
16,381 Posts
I just thought you were on your way here. :D

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
Dbluegoat, glad you made it. I worked through the storm but when it got bad I came home so my wife wasn't alone. We lost power for only an hour Sunday morning (sorry, not bragging) but it came back and I was very thankful. I've mostly been working Apopka, Lockhart, and Pine Hills. It's pretty bad in places Zellwood Station (manufactured home retirement community) took a pretty bad hit but we evacuated most of the residents before the storm.

I had this big-ass oak tree I was worried about because it sits about ten feet off the rear of the house, but the winds were blowing in the right direction that if it had fallen it would have gone the other way. It survived though.Between the two storms I've worked about 100 hours of overtime in three weeks, I'm a bit tired (understatement) but doing ok.

I'm working this weekend but if Ivan doesn't hit us I should be off Monday and Tuesday. If you want to hook up some time to see the Magnacharger shoot me a PM with a number and I'll give you a call. Glad you're ok. Take care.

Dave

·
Registered
86 Posts
good thing you are OK, i did not loose power or water

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CMNTMXR57 said:
I just thought you were on your way here. :D
Listen bud if IVAN the TERRIBLE puts me out for another 4 days......I am coming home to chi-town once and for all. This has been the most mentally abusive week ever.

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
THanks again to all. Dave I am not sure whats going on this weekend I am still trying to get my office up and running again, the city idiots restored power to the jiffy lube on one side and golden corral on the other, the strip plaza that has my office is still dark. FUnny thing is I did not see many people worried about getting a lube job. This has cost my business several thousand dollars this week alone. Maybe we can hook up a little later in the month.

·
13 year owner
16,381 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
Listen bud if IVAN the TERRIBLE puts me out for another 4 days......I am coming home to chi-town once and for all. This has been the most mentally abusive week ever.
Well, save yourself the emotional truama, quit dilly dallying, and get back home to Chicago before Ivan hits.

At least this Hurricane has a "manly" name to back up it's damage! Hurricane Frances was a little limp wristed in terms of power as it petered out, if you follow me. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts