LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only managed 393hp and 389ft/lbs. :D

This was dynoing on pump gas (93) with my 19x9.5 rims on the rear (a good bit heavier than stock) and on a muggy 95F/80% humidity evening. Add to that my automatic and 2800stall converter which increases my drivetrain loss.

Here are my mods:

3/4 LT headers, ceramic coated, 4" induction, high flow cats and race pipes, Borla 2.5" exhaust, CNC ported 6.0 heads (59cc w/ new valve train and springs), custom lunati cam, ported TB, 170 thermostat, custom length push rods, ATI dampener/underdrive pulley, 2800stall ProTorque TC.

Here are some pics:

Rims are 19x8 and 19x9.5 TSW Thruxtons (and no, they don't rub).

Here's the dyno sheet (showing also my stock numbers):

And here's a video of the dyno so you can hear the beast:
Click here for dyno video and sound (3mb).

Future mods:

Stage 2: QTP electric cutouts (just for the fun factor), valve body job and tranny shift kit, springs, shocks, swarbars, SFCs, and somehow strengthen up the drivetrain before I try slicks.

Stage 3: Nitrous? ;)

Stage 4: Supercharger? :eek:

We go to the track tomorrow to test it out and see how she hooks up. Right now, she'll melt 'em up on the launch and chirp 'em on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts.

I've decided to call her "The Inquisitor" (kind of a combination of my first Goat, a 70 Judge, and my profession :) ).

Special thanks, of course, to Sean (OpticZ06) at MDMC. :cool:

Let the Inquisition begin! :drink:

Padre

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
Very nice! That is my goal when I get mine...400/400 at the wheels. But that would be a M6. Can you lock the converter? That would take the stall out of the equation and you'd be over 400. When I did my car when it was still stock, it showed a 10hp/18tq difference locking the converter. Was also good for .2 sec. at the track.

Do you have any sound clips of it idling? My plan is to possibly run one of the stealth cams out there to keep everything sounding close to stock. Plus I've done the lopey idle thing with my old WS6. I just want smooth :)

Yours has a nice long curve, smooth too. How does behave in normal driving?

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Sick. Congrats man, those are some numbers to be proud of. Hey, I like those rims, but I'd like go with 18's. Who makes those? Do they have a website?

Damn, now listening to my stock goat rev up just isn't the same. Thanks alot!

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Also, who did the intake? How much?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks and sounds great! I went to the web site and could not get much information? Like others asked, who did the work? how many $'s roughly. Your mod's seemed to line up with the 510 hp list vs the 410 hp list? HOw many miles on your car? Warranty out the window I guess? Not sure that too big a concern of mine. Enjoy. I luv this car.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Incredible and very nice. That is a mean machine!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Another Modern Day Muscle Car Creation. 510 package

Padre we are happy you like the numbers after it breaks in we will take it back and re-tune it for ya. We will see you on Monday for the track event. Members Modern Day Muscle Cars will be taking Padre's 510 package auto to run with our 510 6-speed we will post videos for all to see after the event. Other cars of our we will be running, 900 hp Z06, 1100 HP Z06, Supercharged SSR, 1000HP viper and many more creations from MDMC. If you have interest in this or other packages we make go to www.moderndaymusclecars.com

Cheers to all
OpticZ06
MDMC LLC :D

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Questions, questions, questions... so here are some random points:

- The rev limit is now set at around 6800, and we shift around 65-6600. Want to keep it conservative until I stregthen the tranny a bit. But it sure is fun watching that thing wind out to 6800. :)

- It cruises pretty quietly, but once you get into it, people will know it. Idle has a mild lope (114). Hard to describe, since I came from the turbo/WRX scene, but I intend to have fun with a little lope. :)

- I do plan on working on the torque converter lock-up. I've got HP Tuners, but since HPT is a "work in progress" I won't make any changes to the TCC till I know for sure. But as Rob said, it will definitely help the numbers. On my WRX it gained me 2mph and .2 at the track, so I figure something similar here.

- The rims are TSW Thruxton's. Here's the link. Mine have a 40mm offset (which may not be easy to find right now). They do not rub under hard acceleration, though I have not tested them in an autocross setting. 19x8's will definitely work all the way around - I don't know about their 18x8's and 18x9.5's.

- MDMC did all the custom work - intake, headers, so on. Price? Ask OpticZ06, but let me say that for a good bit less than Lingenfelter's package you get 50+ more rwhp. :) M6's will do even better (Sean's is like 435 rwhp).

- Warranty? What warranty? :rolleyes: But I knew that going in. Actually, the fellows at my dealer can't wait to see the final product. But I also know Sean and MDMC will take care of me with any future mods and any problems.

It's gonna be fun. :)

And Sean, contact me if you think the weather will be a problem and you change plans on the track day tomorrow.

Padre

·
Snagging your fish!!!
157 Posts
very nice. how coin do you have in the mods????

·
Registered
663 Posts
so the 410 and 510 packages represent RWHP? Yours is the 410 and before break in and tuning your are 398 then already? Very good. You say good bit less than LPE so I am guessing a good chunk below 6800 installed, meaning like 5k? And where do/can you go to have it installed? I am guessing Georgia, but are there other locations they support or is that it. Thanks. man that is real nice.

BTW, obviously no factory warrant left, do they offer a warrant as well, like LPE or some post install support?

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Sweet.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Very nice indeed. Your GTO sounds incredible. How much PadreGTO for the MDMC air intake?

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Zilla -

If you look @ the GTO package on LPE's site, all the stuff listed will run just shy of $11K. Then if you go and look at the LPE GTO they have for sale, the total mods cost is just shy of $23K (that's including wheels and such just like this guy has).

So this is a potentially hugely expensive upgrade, even if it is still significantly cheaper than LPE's stuff.

And then I still get to deal with the fact that nothing they have done to the car would be legal in California. Grr.

·
Registered
175 Posts
phobos512 said:
And then I still get to deal with the fact that nothing they have done to the car would be legal in California. Grr.
Yep, I see all these packages from the tuners. I think that would be a great upgrade. Then see the disclaimer concerning Cali applications.

Oh well, year round summer driving has it's price.

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ZillaGTO said:
so the 410 and 510 packages represent RWHP? Yours is the 410 and before break in and tuning your are 398 then already? Very good.
No, the 410 and 510 represent flywheel hp as stated on the website and the dyno sheets. It's an advertising gimmick that all tuners use (sorry Sean), which is why I titled this thread 400/400 and not 510/510.

I'm looking at 393 RWHP, up from my stock 285 RWHP, which given the drivetrain loss of the automatic and the higher stall converter (and some other factors) equates to 510+ flywheel hp. I don't care much about flywheel HP and didn't get the package because of the advertised 510. LPE advertises 450, which actually means 340+ RWHP for my setup.

All that matters to me are the numbers at the track, i.e. RWHP. Dyno numbers are useful, but not prescriptive. E.g. my higher stall TC helps my E/Ts at the track, but hurts on the dyno. And the automatic/TC launches and handles torque much differently than an M6. Lots of factors involved.

Padre

·
Registered
663 Posts
Oh yes, I see the numbers now. Should read a bit better at my age!

I was just looking at these numbers for LPE and trying to compare and factor in a two year warranty value on major mods.

Standard engine package $6,895.00
Additions total price $ 3,974.00

so what is the cost for the 410 and 510 packages installed? Any warranty on parts/labor?

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't know about the cost for the intake by itself, Trooper. I'd suggest all questions about cost be directed to Sean (OpticZ06) at MDMC. My setup was unique to me, though close to their 510 setup, and as I was one of their first, I know they're making adjustments on the fly. I can only say that I'm happy thus far.

And perhaps I shouldn't have made the LPE comparison. I have nothing but respect for them. It's just that MDMC was closer, better for my more immediate needs, and definitely giving LPE a run for its money. :)

Padre

1 - 20 of 38 Posts