LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I could get my 06 to put down 400rwhp without doing a cam, nitrous, or FI. Or if not 400 exactly how close would I be able to get with full bolt-on's.

Anyone with an opinion is welcome to respond, but I wanna hear what the guys that are making this kind of a power have to say.

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
Maybe 380s, unfortunately you will need a cam to break 400.

·
Because race car
2,835 Posts
I don't know.....

I remember seeing high 370's with people that have full exhaust and an intake from when the Magnaflow catback first came out. Rare yes....but people were hitting it.

Add in a ported intake (FAST or LS2) which is typically good for around 10 rwhp, underdrive pulley, ported TB and descreened MAF.....you might be very close.

Do roller rockers count as bolt-ons....because I'd imagine those would be good for another 10.

Then again, people with full exhaust and intakes have done anything from 350-380 rwhp.....so it's all up to the tune, the dyno, and the day you test it.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
I could probably hit 400 with a ported intake and tb plus the mods in my sig if I got lucky...

·
Used to have one
4,734 Posts
i think if your starting with the right power (ie a car that baselines around 350/350 than with a tune, intake, LT's, Catback, fast90/90, and a pulley, and GOOD AIR you could def get damn close

·
Registered
995 Posts
I don't think its as hard as some people think! I made 330/333 with just cai, tuning 356/363, headers, 366/374, throw in a cutout, ported stock intake or FAST, ASP Pulley and ported TB and I think I could have hit 400+. I think its definitely doable just not common.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Check mods in sig + power numbers. I've got just about every bolt-on except the pulley. Tune was in the middle of summer.

·
Registered
489 Posts
My baseline was 354/356

I hit 392 with LT's/high flow cats,catback,Volant Intake.

I then got 3.91's, Cat Deletes, Ported and polished throttle body and redynoed and came out at 387. So I lost a little with the 3.91's.

With a Underdrive pulley or fast intake I think I would be pretty close.

With the UD, Fast intake and a Electric Water Pump I think that atleast 405-410 would be possible.

Just my 2 cents....

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
thats what I believe i'll have a Volant 1.8 rockers P&P TB ported stock intake headers and a catback. Im hoping to get close to 400 really hoping. never had my car dynoed so I dont have a baseline but we shall see in the spring.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Saw your numbers in the other thread, congrats!:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts