LS1GTO Forums banner

46K Mile 04 Heads/Cam and Procharged dyno results

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JessterLSX 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I've been working on the GTO. Fixed all of the dry rotted hoses, boost leaks, and the MAF that was rubbing on the A/C pulley(rolls eyes). I bought this car a few months ago with only 44K miles. It had been sitting for almost a decade out near the ocean in SE Texas. Whoever did the work just threw it together and didn't pay any attention to detail. As mentioned the MAF was literally being rubbed by the AC pulley. All they had to do was loosen the clamps and pull up the MAF, tards. I've replaced the MAF with an LS7 Card style now with the tune. But since it sat for so long near the ocean every bushing and almost every rubber line was toast. I posted about the door seals being cooked and I fixed those. And I was having some fuel pressure issues. I replaced everything that I could find and tested what I could but still had the fuel pressure issue. I took the car to Aikman Performance in Austin and they found that some wires had been chewed up by rodents. They fixed that and were finally able to tune the car with constant fuel pressure!

She made 521RWHP and 442RWTQ on only 6.5lbs of boost! Car has ported and polished 241 heads, Comp LSR Cam, LS7 Card style MAF, LTs, no cats, Corsa Exhaust, 60lb injectors, and DW300C fuel pump. I still haven't driven the car yet. I have to go pick it up next week. But I'm excited to be in the 500HP club haha.
Text Line Design Font Technology
Text Screen Font Technology Electronic device

See less See more
1 3
#3 ·
I'm assuming that's the shift that you can hear at the beginning of the video.

I got lucky with this one. Bought it with the car. Just had to remove and reinstall everything because whoever did it did a shit job of installing it and it had boost leaks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.