LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might have been a 3x3 but either way Thruxton lost.
Was beating myself up over it for a while but after playing it back 1000x in my mind I finally accepted that it was unavoidable. The car ahead of me suffered the same damage. Was on way home from putting in some moderate clutch break in miles. Just switched lanes doing about 45-50 behind a box truck and some sedan. Didn’t see it and just before my exit I run it over with both driver wheels. The rear seems ok. Hope it can be fixed. Doesn’t hold air but also doesn’t look too bad but I’m no wheelogist 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Oof that had to a hard hit. Hopefully it didnt smash anything on the underside. Looks repairable though

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oof that had to a hard hit. Hopefully it didnt smash anything on the underside. Looks repairable though
meant to comment on the superior design of the BC coilover. I felt as though it hit hard enough to do some damage to some structural stuff. Alignment is a smigde off and that was expected but am seriously wondering if anything structural is bent.
Hit so hard the wipers came on and my hand was no where near the lever.
Threw on the spare and it rode fine. Did some lefts n rights and no weird noises.
Hope the wheel is fixable cuz I can’t find one anywhere.

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
meant to comment on the superior design of the BC coilover. I felt as though it hit hard enough to do some damage to some structural stuff. Alignment is a smigde off and that was expected but am seriously wondering if anything structural is bent.
Threw on the spare and it rode fine. Did some lefts n rights and no weird noises.
Looks like a fairly radiused bend, crazy what wheel repair can fix.

Our rear control arms are stupid beefy so idk what else there would be to bend except the toe rod?

·
Worthless reject member
45,584 Posts
The cup that holds the strut mount bushing is just stamped steel and deforms easily. Considering the weight of the front corners of the car are supported through them, it is possible.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thx. Seems like I’m gonna have to find someone else in my situation since they are NLA.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts