LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was mindin my own bizznizzzz headed south bound on the I-5 in the fast lane thru Burbank cruisin at 80 when I breezed by a black 5.0 Mustang in the slow lane. I must have tweaked his interest cause he came across three lanes and tried to cut me off! Slower traffic caused him to tailgate me so I stayed tight until the traffic cleared; then I broke right and puched it. He tried to catch me but the traffic had cleared in front of us and I matched him for speed and movement. I kept three cars ahead of him and changed lanes when he did. He couldn't pull on me and I wouldn't let him get any closer than three cars. :bomb:

He gave up and dodged for the exit on the Glendale freeway. Guess he was frustrated for the rest of the trip home! The goat attracts all kinds! :hail:

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Nice kill. It's like we drive our GTOs with a hook, line, and sinker behind us dragging a salt lick for those pesky Mustangs. I have had plenty of 5.0 and 4.6 GTs want to race but have had only one Mach 1 race. I thought I had another the other day but this guy was in lala land and was out for a cruise in his red Mach 1.

Doc

·
Resident Douche M3 Driver
1,597 Posts
Doc GTO said:
Nice kill. It's like we drive our GTOs with a hook, line, and sinker behind us dragging a salt lick for those pesky Mustangs. I have had plenty of 5.0 and 4.6 GTs want to race but have had only one Mach 1 race. I thought I had another the other day but this guy was in lala land and was out for a cruise in his red Mach 1.

Doc
I'm your Huckleberry. :p

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
Grey03Cobra said:
I'm your Huckleberry. :p
Grey, i take it that your Cobra isn't a daily driver. How does it run on the road with normal driving. I could see you getting into traffic and peeling out everytime you try to move up. :hail:

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
When it comes to Mustangs, I've discovered three simple things about my stock GTO:

1) Don't mess with a Cobra.
2) Don't waste your gas on a 4.6L GT.
3) Most 5.0L are NOT stock.

I have not lined up against a 5.0L (yet).

The '04 GTO seems to be "stuck in the middle"... too slow for some cars, too fast for some cars. On paper, anyway, only the Mustang Mach 1 is "evenly matched", and I've only seen ONE of those (at the local cruise in.) He and I talked about going to the local 1/8th someday "just for fun" but it hasn't happened (yet).

·
Resident Douche M3 Driver
1,597 Posts
Razinhell said:
Grey, i take it that your Cobra isn't a daily driver. How does it run on the road with normal driving. I could see you getting into traffic and peeling out everytime you try to move up. :hail:

My 4Runner is my daily driver, but I drive the Cobra all over on the weekend. It is actually very civilized on the street as long as I stay out of the boost. I normally shift at 2000rpm, and put in in 6th gear around 44-50 on the surface streets. I've driven it from my home in Vegas to Phoenix a couple of times and I get 22 mpg on the average.

In traffic I don't peel out at all unless I want to. That's the advantage of these type of blowers, if I stay out of the boost I'm not putting down that much power to the road.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mach 1 Match Pending

FLORIT said:
When it comes to Mustangs, I've discovered three simple things about my stock GTO:

1) Don't mess with a Cobra.
2) Don't waste your gas on a 4.6L GT.
3) Most 5.0L are NOT stock.

I have not lined up against a 5.0L (yet).

The '04 GTO seems to be "stuck in the middle"... too slow for some cars, too fast for some cars. On paper, anyway, only the Mustang Mach 1 is "evenly matched", and I've only seen ONE of those (at the local cruise in.) He and I talked about going to the local 1/8th someday "just for fun" but it hasn't happened (yet).
HELL-0!
My brother has an 03 mach 1, and we ve been talking about a race for a long time (we live 700 miles apart). the plan is for thanksgiving or so. i ll update this when it happens. both of us stock.

·
Is that FWD?
1,101 Posts
I raced a mach 1 mustang back in April when my GTO was completely stock.
My front bumper was at his rear bumper the whole time. Nobody was pulling on anybody. He got me off the line, but then we stayed even up to 85.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If anyone knows of a GTO in Austin (I havent seen a single one yet!!!) I would love to run 1, stock or modded, doesnt matter to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts