LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
^^^^^^^^
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first time i had come across a falcon XR8 that was willing to have a go at the lights...

well , lets just say the good old exec got the jump and just kept pulling away from there.

:D

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
I had a friend in high school who drove an early model Ford Falcon. White, with keystone slot mags. Very clean, very fast (for a 60's something car.) It would be cool to see the return of many classic old cars, like the Ford Falcon and the Chevy El Camino. But I think GM has learned that just because a car wears a classic badge (i.e. GTO), it won't necessarily sell. It's a small market segment of mid-life crisis men who respond to the car's name.

Got a link to some pics of the Falcon XR8? We don't have those in the U.S.

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
FLORIT said:
I had a friend in high school who drove an early model Ford Falcon. White, with keystone slot mags. Very clean, very fast (for a 60's something car.) It would be cool to see the return of many classic old cars, like the Ford Falcon and the Chevy El Camino. But I think GM has learned that just because a car wears a classic badge (i.e. GTO), it won't necessarily sell. It's a small market segment of mid-life crisis men who respond to the car's name.

Ford AU's website is pretty crap - but here is an XR8 in blood orange and a GT-P (the top of the range performance model) in purple with orange stripes.

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
FLORIT said:

What do you mean the return of the "EL CAMINO"? What do you think that SSR is? LOL

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
WKDWS6 said:
What do you mean the return of the "EL CAMINO"? What do you think that SSR is? LOL
If it was the return of the El Camino, then why wasn't it named so?

Let me take a stab at this... ummm because it is NOT the return of the El Camino.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts