LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
From a Bonnie Lass to a Goat!
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's not turn this into another dump site for FI wars. i have seen in other posts that some claim this can be done with ONLY a stock engine and bolt ons. Others say you need a cam and heads. Which is it?

Bottom line is can i get my STOCK GTO to make 500 hp at the wheels with ONLY exhaust and intake (bolt-ons), Maggie and a tune????

·
Registered
385 Posts
i think its very possible

·
Bye Bye Goat..It's Been Fun
3,934 Posts
Xac Xado said:
Let's not turn this into another dump site for FI wars. i have seen in other posts that some claim this can be done with ONLY a stock engine and bolt ons. Others say you need a cam and heads. Which is it?

Bottom line is can i get my STOCK GTO to make 500 hp at the wheels with ONLY exhaust and intake (bolt-ons), Maggie and a tune????
Yes, if you find a happy dyno, you can make 500rwhp. A few others here have done it. Realistically, with headers, exhaust, an open filter, and maybe a 2.7" pulley, you will be there, or very close.

·
Here for a while
1,707 Posts
i dont see how people can say its not possible, I made 498 on an LS6 vette with just a blower and a 90mm TB.

If you pick your bolt ons and tuner wisely yes it is possible......might be 495 on one dyno and 512 on another but its still 500 rwhp anyway you look at it. I dont get the recent fascination with dyno numbers....take it to the track.

Magnuson Blower
Long Tube headers
High Flow Magnaflow exhaust/cats
add some boost
GOOD tuner
and I think you can be there within 10-12 rwhp +/-

·
Registered
385 Posts
mine was actually once 514 rwhp 489 rwtq :judge: :judge: :judge: ......

but i later found out that the particular dyno that i got my numbers from was a "ringer" :gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest:

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
I believe you can. 24v is about there and he has an '04! He will be there soon I bet. Also, he is running a stock engine/trans(I think)/rear end!!!

My goal is also the 500 mark or more.

Edit: I forgot he has the 122 blower:)

·
Registered
385 Posts
24v said:
Dyno racers.:fawkdance
thats what i have to rely on 'cause my driving skills suck :turbonaug

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
ss496 said:
thats what i have to rely on 'cause my driving skills suck :turbonaug

:gr_jest:

·
_.:LS1GTO:._
1,004 Posts
Is the car still streetable with 500 rwhp and if not what is sacrificed?

·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BlownChevy said:
i dont see how people can say its not possible, I made 498 on an LS6 vette with just a blower and a 90mm TB.

If you pick your bolt ons and tuner wisely yes it is possible......might be 495 on one dyno and 512 on another but its still 500 rwhp anyway you look at it. I dont get the recent fascination with dyno numbers....take it to the track.

Magnuson Blower
Long Tube headers
add some boost
GOOD tuner
Thanks for the INFORMATIVE and ON TOPIC post, unlike some others on here. :stickpoke

This doesn't sound too bad. my plans may be to look at the Maggie, LT headers, an exhaust, pulley mods (on the Maggie), and a good tune. see how that goes then bust out the cam and head option if changing the gears is not enough.

Am i right in guessing that 3.91 would be too much with a maggie?

·
Bye Bye Goat..It's Been Fun
3,934 Posts
Xac Xado said:
Thanks for the INFORMATIVE and ON TOPIC post, unlike some others on here. :stickpoke

This doesn't sound too bad. my plans may be to look at the Maggie, LT headers, an exhaust, pulley mods (on the Maggie), and a good tune. see how that goes then bust out the cam and head option if changing the gears is not enough.

Look at my post above his. I said the same thing in different words.:drink:
And, yes, 3.91 would be too much for a maggie. Even a maggie on a stock car will have traction problems. You throw a gear change on top of that, and good luck getting any traction at all.:gears:

·
ChimChim is in the HD's trunk
4,966 Posts
Xac Xado said:

3.91's with a M6 are fine with a Maggie. I have that setup. I am damn close to 500hp. My last dyno pull was done on a day when shop temps were just short of 100* with the 3.91's and running 10% ethonal 93 octane gas. Numbers are below. Track times are 11.8's to 12.2 on Nitto DR's. The car is 100% streetable with everything in my signature.

I think my dyno was happy the day I did my pulls, I found an empty bottle of jack daniels under one of the rollers.

·
Site Sponsor
800 Posts
BlownChevy said:

Magnuson Blower
Long Tube headers
add some boost
GOOD tuner
your dyno, or another dyno? if it was on your, was that number backed up on another dyno?

·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
24v said:
Look at my post above his. I said the same thing in different words.:drink:
no offense intended, i just grabbed the last post before the sidebar. Thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts