LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 gto m6

Has anyone installed one of these pumps yet? I'm looking to get a bigger fuel pump and Id like to stay single pump for cost reasons. What will need to be done to make the pump fit and work?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Check this thread out:

I sort of followed this to put a dw400 in the stock bucket.
It wouldn't be that different besides the wire connector.
You can use the stock pump in addition or not.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Kind of got confused with the write up and I read it twice. Lol
To be fair it took me a minute also. The stock pump only feeds the venturi which keeps the bucket full. The new pump feeds the engine.

I didnt understand whether the top part of the bucket is still used though. Edit: apparently gutted and used to hold lower bucket only

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
That is an excellent write up and great setup if you are on a tight budget, pump gas, and it meets your power goals.

What is your current setup and long term power goals?

I will share my experience for you to learn from...

I started with a drop in Dw300c and bigger injectors. Then I went to a magnafuel 4303, -8 fuel line with the stock feed as a return, boost referenced regulator, bigger rails ran in series, and bigger injectors. Then I went to a -12 from the tank to pump and kept the -8 to rails, I switched the rails to parallel with a Y and -8 to the back of both rails, and again went with bigger injectors.

I'm already maxed out again on only 50% ethanol. Both the pump and injectors are at their limits.

Moral of the story...when it comes to fuel system you "almost" can't go to big. Over kill it from the get go if you can afford to.

I've spent more money by trying to save money when it comes to car projects. Next is a second 4303 pump and bigger injectors before I can go to a bigger blower. The little D1x is maxed out spinning about 64,000 rpm impeller speed on a blower with a max of 62,000 recommended impeller speed. IAT is still not a problem at all.

When I first started this build I didn't expect to be where I'm at now let alone where I'm planning to be...

Three things you can't have too much of...
1. Fuel system
2. Ignition power
3. Pushrod

LOL...That last bit I just stole from Steve Morris because I watched a video of his recently where he said the 3 things you can't have to much of.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also realized that I have a 8.1 bucket installed already. A "full blown" 340 pump inside a 8.1 bucket. Could I got the 525 pump in that bucket easier or less work?

Car currently has...

340 pump in 8.1 bucket.
1000 injectors
Upgraded fuel rails
Flex fuel sensor setup

Car makes 650whp and I'm adding a BAP. Wanted to tune on e85 as well but need more pump and a e85 capable pump. But don't want to drop a bunch of money right now on a twin pump or custom pump set up. So I was hoping to see if a 525 would work

·
Registered
570 Posts
I also realized that I have a 8.1 bucket installed already. A "full blown" 340 pump inside a 8.1 bucket. Could I got the 525 pump in that bucket easier or less work?

Car currently has...

340 pump in 8.1 bucket.
1000 injectors
Upgraded fuel rails
Flex fuel sensor setup

Car makes 650whp and I'm adding a BAP. Wanted to tune on e85 as well but need more pump and a e85 capable pump. But don't want to drop a bunch of money right now on a twin pump or custom pump set up. So I was hoping to see if a 525 would work
It will work, but you will end up doing it again just like I said. Save money now spend more later.
I had an 8.1 in a previous GTO with a walbro. It was a nitrous car and I also had a dedicated fuel cell with race gas in it with another walbro for when the nitrous was spraying.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't plan on adding any other additional power mods to the car. I just want to utilize and maximize what I have currently.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I don't plan on adding any other additional power mods to the car. I just want to utilize and maximize what I have currently.
Ya I’ve said that before to lol. Just giving you a hard time.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol I know "hadagto" but I have other projects that I want to play with and lack of funds to go all out on all of them, lol. After pump and bap, the gto will get more suspension so the power is done.

Would I have to modify anything if I threw the 525 pump in?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Lol I know "hadagto" but I have other projects that I want to play with and lack of funds to go all out on all of them, lol. After pump and bap, the gto will get more suspension so the power is done.

Would I have to modify anything if I threw the 525 pump in?
It is not a drop in pump. One project at a time is another good thing to live by. Why half ass multiple projects?

·
Registered
805 Posts
I had a pair of aem 340's in my bucket. Took one out for the 525. But he process is the same for any pump being installed. Unless for some reason you are trying to keep the stock regulator and keep the returnless system. Then I cant offer much help there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts