LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well what i thought would happen i think did someone no offense to them [kingkong401 lucky dog]congrats and enjoy your gto got there car before me eventhough i ordered mine and had a tpw of 9/2/03/moved up to 9/15/03 i think is not right by pontiacs way of dealing out these GTOS///

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I agree that it was not spelled out very well. When this whole thing started I thought that preorders would get priority. That was not the case. It all had to do with dealer alottments and their priorities with GM. Money out of our pocket meant nothing. I will not be fooled again!!!
:drink: :drink:

·
WOT's up?
559 Posts
So much for customer loyalty heh! Yes, this really does SUCK. Many of us have put CASH down on these things in early June - and others walk in off the street and buy them on a whim.

GM - what are you doing? Shouldn't the people that have participated in your highly vaunted Pre-Order Plan pushed on your own website get precedence? I don't begrudge anyone from picking up a GTO at the dealers, but really now, WHERE'S MY CAR!!!!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea the more i think about it the more pissed i get even though i live way down south if my car is built on a certain date then i should get it in that order??? i know have a call in to my dealer rep we will see where that gets me ??? i realize that some dealers who have ordered gtos early will get theres but how many red with black/autos will people get before i get mine here in daytona???????

·
WOT's up?
559 Posts
Basically what we have participated in was a lottery. We got on a list of "candidates" for purchase of dealer allotted cars - nothing SPECIAL as GM led us to believe.

This would have been fine with me if this is how it was explained from the get go - but it wasn't. So my deposit was nothing more than a right of offer of first refusal; again OK as long as that is how it was initially portrayed to me.

·
Mountain Goat
896 Posts
My dealer told me up front that I was getting a First Right of Refusal with my money. He also told me they did not know how many they would be getting and that I was second on the list. A month later he called saying that they had received their first allotment and it was for a single GTO and told me that the first guy on the list had turned it down. My reply was the color combo and transmission I wanted. A month later he told me that he was alloted two more and those were spoken for.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NOW I WONDER WHEN ILL SEE MY CAR IF ITS TAKEN THIS LONG TO JUST GET CARS TO KC WICH ARE NOT EVEN SENT TO FLORIDA YET THEY ARE SENDING THEM OUT THE LEAST EXSPENSIVE WAY???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts