·
Premium Member
82,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
The Anti-Product
7,870 Posts
jpvulpes said:
I don't like blowers either. Had a run-in with my engine and a procharger once. :wall:

Max effort LSX builds can be a lot. 600+ if done right. they can also flop--just take a look at all the weak stroker builds on the forums, lol.

Those are never very streetable though. Don't rev to 7200 either. I'd like to build a lower displacement NA lsx someday, with the lightest weight/best-balanced rotating assembly I can scrounge up and see how fast it'll turn. The pushrod architecture will always limit revs though...

Not that I'm complaining.

·
Ihanin kaikista
18,877 Posts
Time to go home!

·
Premium Member
82,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
The Anti-Product
7,870 Posts

·
ಠ_ಠ
34,563 Posts
Those are never very streetable though. Don't rev to 7200 either. I'd like to build a lower displacement NA lsx someday, with the lightest weight/best-balanced rotating assembly I can scrounge up and see how fast it'll turn. The pushrod architecture will always limit revs though...

Not that I'm complaining.
I've thought about winding the piss out of an ls7.

expensive motor, though.

·
The Anti-Product
7,870 Posts
I've thought about winding the piss out of an ls7.

expensive motor, though.
I know a guy with a cheap ls1 short block and ls6 everything else (no cam though) he'd be willing to sell me for cheap. I'd like to go all mad scientist on that.

Other priorities come first though. In the mean time I've got a v6 miata to rebuild and an '89 5.0 motor to rebuild.

1 - 20 of 100054 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
100.1K Replies
118 Participants
Mrs.Crisis
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing