LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The shop did my oil change today and they only added 6 qrts. I was there the whole time watching over their shoulders and saw that it was full after they added 6 bottles of M1. And yes they started the engine and checked again after the filter was full. wtf?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just changed mine today. I put it up on ramps, drained, removed filter, filled new filter with oil, put back on and put drain plug in. I then put 6 quarts in, started up and backed down ramps. I let it idle for a couple minutes and shut it down. I let it cool down for 15 minutes, then checked the level. It was right at full.

Now, because I had it on ramps, I am positive there was still a 1/2 quart left in there, but I was not going to go through the hassle of jacking the rear end up or anything like that. I really don't think that half quart will hurt anything. The only thing I will probably do because of this is get a magnetic drain plug. But the oil filter should get most of the crap.

I then took it out and did a BADASS 1-2 (auto) gear burnout sideways.....Oh man, this car is FUN!

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
There is a another thread on the same exact topic down the page.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.