LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pontiac has stated that they plan to make 70% of the 2004 GTO's with automatic tranmissions. At least that was their original projection.

Somehow I think that more than 30% of LS1GTO members have ordered the 6-speed option.

What did you order?

Bobp16
Phantom Black (black interior)
Automatic

:cool:

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
M6.

I think last time this was polled on a board (thought it was here but I'm not sure) it was about 50/50 for the preorders. Since The 'customer' preorders are a small percentage of cars, and the dealers are probably going to order around the 70/30, I would guess it would be near that.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
M6. I wouldn't have a performance car any other way. But there are performance advantages to the A4 too.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
For consistent 60ft times while drag racing. Then adding a converter and dropping your 60ft's to 1.5 seconds vs. a lucky 1.9 with a great driver and an M6.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ordered M6. I think the age of the driver will be a factor along with resale concerns.

·
Silver Back!
277 Posts
I order an A4. I did it because after a while the fun factor of the M6 wears off and then it is just a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The dealers in my area-

Seem to have ordered more like 70/30 MT/Auto. The dealer I'm buying from ordered three 6MTs, I think his whole allotment at the time.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
A4 with all the commuter traffic. I do have plans to beef up the torque converter though...just in case!!!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Millpond,

Those are the main reasons I ordered an automatic (e.g., fun factor wears off and it becomes a chore).

Bobp16 :cool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tails said:
A4 with all the commuter traffic. I do have plans to beef up the torque converter though...just in case!!!

Tails,

What does it cost to "beef up" the torque converter, what are the benefits of having this done, and who can do it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
bobp16 said:
Tails,

What does it cost to "beef up" the torque converter, what are the benefits of having this done, and who can do it?

Thanks!

I am not an expert by any means but I am looking at the Avenger 3200 and some other brand. (I can't remember and my notebook is at home). They run around $700-$800 I think. They will give you a quicker start. Not so sure about 1/4 mile stuff but I won't being doing that. I will actually wait to see how the stock converter goes because I understand they did beef it up.

Now we should hear from the experts out there........

·
Registered
227 Posts
A4...for the same reason as Tails. Rush hour traffic is a killer with a manual. I've got my Firehawk with alot more horsepower and 6-speed to get my manual fix.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Trans

A4 for me in the last 2 years I have had a S2000 and a 2002 ZO6 --- I am 57 and have had all the shifting I want through the years. Dont care about the gas milage or resale I work for GM so Iam buying GMS so I should be OK.

·
"PINKY'S UP"
1,610 Posts
M6 for me, too. It'll be fun driving the country roads where I live.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts