LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
20,421 Posts
thats alot of cam. you have an all out race car?
you still running a stock motor otherwise?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
lol i've been kicked out there :eek: thats a a true big CID cam. plus if you made some phone calls you could get arf 225's and a better cam closer to what you really need for cheaper

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yes, your going to need the 402 block to go with it and thats another $4k on top of the top end parts your looking at.

·
Used to have one
4,734 Posts
you could get 600 for cheaper...but id build your motor either way

·
Registered
662 Posts
For the heads to work you will need several intake and exhaust mods. So much for the $3k. You might as well get a 427 blower motor built.
There is no replacement for cubic inch displacement.

·
Registered
995 Posts
You know it also depends on if you want 600hp at the flywheel or at the rear wheels:D

·
Addicted to the go fast pedal
1,000 Posts
I'd like to know where and what gets you to 600hp for under 3k..

FI: 4k-7k+ depending on supporting mods
H/C: over 4k

Are we talking 150+ shot of nitrous here?

·
Administrator
20,421 Posts
that 600hp thing is kinda bogus...like mentioned it assumes you already have a stroker kit. Sure, if you have a $5K 402 stoker, buy our additional $3K cam and head kit to make 600hp.

with a stock 346, you can make 600 with an ATI or turbo setup for less total cost and pain. thats assuming they mean 600RWHP and not 600 crank. Im at 560ish crank with Maggie and Cam, for about $6K

·
lsxpwrd
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok thx for the info guys .. yah im still stock i was just browsing there and saw that and it looked suspicious. def. will buy stuff individually for the need of my car when i do i just saw that and was like wtf doesnt make sense but now it does.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts