LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hunkerin Down
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this week is cruisin the coast in mississippi, comes every year.
Well I was off work today and out and about checking out the classic's at the local cruise and park spots for this event, Lots of super cherry old hot rod's.. Sorry forgot to bring my camera.

Well anyhow, on the way home, not MMOB.. I spot a 65 COBRA.. the cool ones..

This thing was cherry and lopey as a MOFO!
Well AT about 50mph.. I pulled up next to him and dropped it into 2nd,, (I'm an A4) I paced him in 2nd gear for a couple hundred fet and he wouldnt even acknowledge the new goat..

SO.. I Floored it!! this got his attention, and sparked some interest..

So I slowed back down to 50 or there abouts and he ran up next to me, and started pacing me... I was lookin at him and smilin and he was smilin too... We didnt beep anything off, well anyhow He punched it first So i followed suit,, Damn his cobra was fast!

We raced to about 80 which was all of about 3 seconds, and he pulled 1/2 a car from 50 to 80.. He did get a slight jump on me, But he was slowly pulling the whole time.

We gave eachother props and then I came home... I think he was kinda suprised how stout the GTO was even though he did win I wouldnt have called it a complete smoke, or embarrasment.

Diceman.

·
Hunkerin Down
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i dont know what he had, matter of fact i dont know if he had it on the floor either, what i do know is this, that thing had a cam that made it sound like the opening drum's in that VH song hot for teacher.

It was bad ass trust me on this one!

Diceman

·
Pissin' in the wind.
951 Posts
that thing had a cam that made it sound like the opening drum's in that VH song hot for teacher.
Nice reference! I love the opening to that song. Nice run too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts