LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall seeing '69 judge style stripes installed on an 04 GTO in a magazine many months ago. Now that we have are own GTO I think that they would make for a nice pinstripe appearance upgrade. Anyone know who makes these? My '71 Lemans GT had judge style stripes that also were reflective - very cool. '69 style stripes that reflect installed on an 04 - that would be cool.

·
Banned
504 Posts
I emailed them to you this morning. Let me know if you didn't get it and I'll resend it. Thanks!

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Howie said:
I emailed them to you this morning. Let me know if you didn't get it and I'll resend it. Thanks!
didn't get them :rolleyes:
PM sent with new address that shouldn't give problems (i hope)

·
'Wheeling -my other addiction
351 Posts
Some additional information for those thinking of doing these stripes:

I decided to look into the feasibility of using actual reproduction '69 Judge stripes from Year One. I called them to request the overall length of the stripes to see if they'd fit proportionately on the '04 body. After some very rude treatment from one of the order placement guys, I spoke to Chuck who was very helpful.

It seems that the stripe kit is already cut to fit the fender, door and rear quarter. I had hoped that the stripe came as one piece so that I could cut the stripe at the door edges. In case you're wondering, the fender part is 61", the door is 49" and the rear quarter is 18"....... Simply won't work. Bummer! Chuck even went so far as to put me in a party line call to the stripe manufacturer to see about a custom order. Unfortunately, they won't do custom saying it'd violate their agreements to adhere to patent and trademark regulations.

Additionally, I had chuck give me the dimensions for the Judge logos. They're 3 3/4" by 6". Kinda big for similar placement on the front of the front fenders, but would just fit across the top of the spoiler.

So, I'm going to try to find a vinyl graphics place in town and look into having some custom made. If I succeed, I'll post up the company info for other orders.

Wish me luck!

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
93heep said:
Some additional information for those thinking of doing these stripes:

I decided to look into the feasibility of using actual reproduction '69 Judge stripes from Year One. I called them to request the overall length of the stripes to see if they'd fit proportionately on the '04 body. After some very rude treatment from one of the order placement guys, I spoke to Chuck who was very helpful.

It seems that the stripe kit is already cut to fit the fender, door and rear quarter. I had hoped that the stripe came as one piece so that I could cut the stripe at the door edges. In case you're wondering, the fender part is 61", the door is 49" and the rear quarter is 18"....... Simply won't work. Bummer! Chuck even went so far as to put me in a party line call to the stripe manufacturer to see about a custom order. Unfortunately, they won't do custom saying it'd violate their agreements to adhere to patent and trademark regulations.

Additionally, I had chuck give me the dimensions for the Judge logos. They're 3 3/4" by 6". Kinda big for similar placement on the front of the front fenders, but would just fit across the top of the spoiler.

So, I'm going to try to find a vinyl graphics place in town and look into having some custom made. If I succeed, I'll post up the company info for other orders.

Wish me luck!
Email Chad at Signs By Drex. I'm having him make some Judge decals for me and I went a little smaller for that reason. Chad does a lot of Grand Prix graphics and other Pontiac stuff. I haven't seen them yet as I just ordered them last week but maybe he can email a picture of the ones he's doing for me.

I've gotten stuff from him before and the quality was always very good. He can do about any color combo you need as well. I'm going to experiment with some different widths of pinstriping, probably 1/4" for the border and 1" for the main color. I know AP's stripes are aircraft grade but I really want the end to curl around like the original Judge design instead of rearward angle they went with.

Hope this helps.

Dave

·
Turbos own me
149 Posts
Sorry to be off-topic but is that side exhaust on the yellow car offered as a product to purchase? I think that looks hot.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Looks sharp Howie. I wonder how those would look in black/silver on the Cyclone Grey GTO i've got on order. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts