LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stripes are on. Better pics to come this weekend.

·
Disaster
339 Posts
I have mixed feelings about that. I think it looks alright, but I'm sure it would do more just if i saw it in person. But good job :thumbs: BTW...is that the exhaust coming out the passenger side in front of the wheels?

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics really don't do them justice. They're something you really have to see in person. One the way home I was asked 4 seperate times at a stoplight if it was the new Judge! :p

I'm hoping the pics I'm getting this weekend represents them better.

Yeah that's the exhaust coming out of the side (both sides). Our side skirts aren't done yet so we just put the factory skirts back on for the time being.

·
Disaster
339 Posts
Awesome...now that I looked at the pics more I think it looks pretty damn good actually. :D
And that is awesome that you have the exhaust like that! Will you be selling bolt-on kits for that, or is that just a personal preference? :D

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

Exhaust kits will be available shortly, in that set up and a rear exit kit as well. I'm trying to finalize prices with Spintech on the kits and should have them shortly. I'm trying to find someone who can get a sound bite for me, kit sounds absolutely killer!!

·
Disaster
339 Posts
Sweet...I'll be looking for that. You guys are doing great work :bubbrub

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Regarding the stripes, the look great. I like how they flare up at the back of the car. It seems to separate the rear spoiler from the rest of the car and enhance its asthetic appeal. Very well done!

Regarding the exhaust, I definitely want to maintain the stock exit location for the exhaust. I have decided to take a stand and declare that a "defining feature" of the '04 GTO. :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
did arrowhead make the strips? if so when are they coming out? if they are from someone else, who and where can i get them? but i like the way they look, i may want to see other color combos. i do have a yellow, and i like yellow and blue look, but i was thinking of doing yellow with red... not really sure, i would like to lookin into them though

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yourguyry said:
did arrowhead make the strips? if so when are they coming out? if they are from someone else, who and where can i get them? but i like the way they look, i may want to see other color combos. i do have a yellow, and i like yellow and blue look, but i was thinking of doing yellow with red... not really sure, i would like to lookin into them though
Stripes are available and yes we made them. I can get any two colors you'd like. I'm eager to see them on a black car with red interior and having the stripe red outlined in silver! BTW the stripes on my car are black and silver.

Kit includes two tone stripes in any color you'd like, a squeege (sp?), and instructions for applying them. Although if you've never put on graphics on before we highly recommend having someone do it for you.

Normal retail is $329, we are going to run an introductory price of $279 till the end of April.

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
I think they look FANTASTIC.

I'm shocked at how well the stripe accentuates the car's lines, and it really gives it the GTO look! I'd love to see your car with either an aftermarket or Pontiac hood with scoops.

·
Registered
264 Posts
sorry about the color... it looked navy to me in the pic.

what are they made of?? i have put several graphics on before, and none of them were that expensive... its basically just a stripe, i was shocked to see that price. to be honest i was expecting something like 75 to 100. but i have only worked with vinyl and window tint.

do you guys have any shops in the north east area so i can see what the colors would look like with my car.

thanx again though for the great mods.. keep them comin arrowhead

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
yourguyry said:
sorry about the color... it looked navy to me in the pic.

what are they made of?? i have put several graphics on before, and none of them were that expensive... its basically just a stripe, i was shocked to see that price. to be honest i was expecting something like 75 to 100. but i have only worked with vinyl and window tint.

do you guys have any shops in the north east area so i can see what the colors would look like with my car.

thanx again though for the great mods.. keep them comin arrowhead

yeah, i thought that seemed a bit expensive too.

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gtodriver7 said:
yeah, i thought that seemed a bit expensive too.
Stripes are made of aircraft grade vinyl. The guy who does them for me does nearly all of the Phoenix PD helicopters. 12 seperate pieces are required to make the two stripes in a two-tone color pattern. They are not cheap to make and are not cheaply made. I encourage you to check prices at Phoenix Graphix for their muscle car decal kits or any other resto compnay kits.

Kit includes striping for both sides in any color combo desired, a squeege, and application instructions. $329 normal retail and $279 introductory price for April!

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ude-Lose said:
looks great !!!, what do you think if the stripe curved up at the back instead of the kink ?
We tried about 10 different curves in the back and nothing worked. They really contrasted with the body lines or rear window. The more angular curve that we went with works and looks the best.

Thanatos said:
How resistant are they to fading?
Inregards to fading the vinyl we are using is aircraft grade and won't fade.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Hmmm, really trying to think of what color would look best on IBM.

Howie, can i get it only one color ie white or silver ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts