Godbless you all

·
12 Second Club
672 Posts
Amen.

·
Official Dragon Straightner
6,438 Posts
I am watching the CNN 9/11 special as I post this.

I am enraged all over again.

·
Registered
881 Posts
And thanks to the Aussies, who are some of our only true friends.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
paco04 said:
And thanks to the Aussies, who are some of our only true friends.
ditto

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
This was an e-mail from a friend of mine that morning - he was a journalist in NYC, and I was in Mexico at the time:

Subject: Unbelievable
Date: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 10:09 AM

I'm not going to tie up the phone lines long, but I wanted to tell you that we're okay. My dad phoned this morning to say, "The World Trade Center is on fire. Go look out your front door." You can see them clearly across the harbor from our front door.

"Oh my God! Julie come see!" I said.

I ran down to grab my reporter's bag, knowing I'd have to go over to the fire. At that point, we didn't know what caused the fire. Then, while downstairs, I heard a tremendous explosion and screams.

I ran out to the street. "A plane just hit the second tower!" a man screamed.

I knew the subways would be out, so I decided to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge to get to the scene. There was a steady stream of people sobbing, coming out of downtown over the bridge boardwalk. I interviewed several of them. They told absolutely horrifying stories of seeing people jump out of windows from high floors, their ties and coats flailing as they plunged to their deaths. One woman's knees were bleeding from having been pushed down by the terrified crowd.

"The Pentagon has been bombed!" a man screamed.

I made it to the last pillar of the Brooklyn Bridge before going into downtown. I ran into a colleague of mine. She said, "We better not go over there. Those towers are going to blow up."

One minute later, the south tower fell in on itself. I nearly fainted. It ... well, I can't describe it now. I'm too shaken. Everybody on the bridge screamed. Some collapsed in tears. A woman started to vomit. My knees went weak, and a huge plume of soot and smoke barrelled toward us. I decided to turn around and go home.

A stout black woman, covered with sweat, screamed to no one in particular, "Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess! It ain't over people!"

An F-16 fighter flew overhead. The cloud of soot reached us, and it was like being in a volcanic eruption. Everybody had to breathe through their shirts. Cell phones didn't work. I rushed home to see Julie. When I opened the door, she was sobbing and shaking.

Now I'm learning that the second tower has collapsed, and the Pentagon has been bombed. The sky outside is black with soot and smoke.

There is no World Trade Center anymore. I can't believe we're seeing this.

It's war, you know.

R.
Never forget.

Padre

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I just watched Larry King tonight and one of his guests was Rudy Gulliani. He had just returned from Russia, where they had their own "911" recently. School children slaughtered like cattle. Let's say a prayer for all the innocent, good hearted citizens of the World.

·
Registered
36 Posts
And THEY celebrated the anniversary by bombing the Australian embassy in Indonesia.

I work for Citigroup and had a lot of friends there that day. Citi lost a building in the WTC, building #7 in addition to the two main towers. The guy that sits next to me at work in Sydney was in NYC on training that day and only a block from WTC when first hit.

It's like the man on the moon thing for my generation - we all remember where we were and what we were doing around 9am on 9/11 (around 11pm Sydney time).

Aussies will be with the US until the end 'cause we know what is right too.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Speaking of september 11. 1973 Sept 11 the chilean coupe happened, 30,000 dead. All in all not a happy day in history :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts