1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
^^^^^^^^
434 Posts
and this is impressive ? how?

stock blower ?

stock cams ?

ive seen ls1's run those times with enough work done to them ...

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ude-Lose said:
and this is impressive ? how?

stock blower ?

stock cams ?

ive seen ls1's run those times with enough work done to them ...
:slap: You can't appreciate a fast car?

It was on a KB blower, I'm unsure of the cams, but the car idling that sounded really cammed wasn't the Cobra, it was an all-out drag car that was out of the frame. He's still on the stock block though and hopes to be the first Cobra still on a stock block in the 8s.

If that isn't respectable, I don't know what is.

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
^^^^^^^^
434 Posts
look sti, im from aussie and as you know we have had these sti's for quite some time, and i have personally seen 9.5's and better out of the rexxies.

i also think the cobra is very immpressive for a factory car (in performance only) the rest of the car is mediocre mustang at best.

but go to svt forums and look up GTO and find me one positive comment they have to say about it... F*ck them !!! , im not saying they are all like that...but i'll be damned if im gonna give praise to the cobra on a GTO website when they blindly put sh*t on the goat for no reason, comments like Fugly, cavalier, POS , slow PIG, etc etc.

·
Disaster
339 Posts
I'm not a Ford fan, but F'n A! That was a nice run. Gotta love the sound of that blower winding up on launch :drink:

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
OMG, anytime you see the front wheels lift off like that, you gotta know that's a fast car. And as for the Subaru, yikes. Glad it has all the race boy stickers so I'd recognize it on the street.

Watching those vids makes me want to RACE!!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
WOW!! I shouldn't be allowed to see stuff like that. The mods will come...the mods will come...

·
Registered
459 Posts
That guy would ruin your day for sure.

·
Chief Poncho
3,032 Posts

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice vids nikivee! I was told that Cobra was a street car also though.

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:bubbrub:

Where's the drool smilie????

·
Registered
77 Posts
Comments about the looks throughout other forums are true tho. It's the one thing that is sort of keeping me away from buying a GTO. Sure it's got a monster under the hood, but how good is it if everyone looks at it as an everyday, "ordinary" car. GM really didnt go out of their way to do much to get these things to sell, been hearing lots of stories of dealers not being able to get them off their show floors. The one thing that bugs me is the rear fender. How in the world can enthusiasts expect to mod their cars with the widest tired they can put on is 8" and can barely fit the stock wheels/tires....even gives the look that it is lower in the rear. Think they will be coming out with a widebody kit or such for the rear quarter panel?

·
3,327 Posts
GTOkid said:
Comments about the looks throughout other forums are true tho. It's the one thing that is sort of keeping me away from buying a GTO. Sure it's got a monster under the hood, but how good is it if everyone looks at it as an everyday, "ordinary" car. GM really didnt go out of their way to do much to get these things to sell, been hearing lots of stories of dealers not being able to get them off their show floors. The one thing that bugs me is the rear fender. How in the world can enthusiasts expect to mod their cars with the widest tired they can put on is 8" and can barely fit the stock wheels/tires....even gives the look that it is lower in the rear. Think they will be coming out with a widebody kit or such for the rear quarter panel?
"Other forums" are not the best place to look for public opinion about the looks. I kind of like the everyday car look, but that really has not been the case. Of course mine is bright yellow, and everyone notices that color. I think that the reason some dealers cannot get them off the showroom floors is because of their shady "market value" price markups. Do yourself a little favor, sit in one, test drive one, see one in person before you make judgments on the looks. I have yet to meet anyone who tells me that my car is anything but Ordinary.

·
Expelled
8,316 Posts
Ude is right those ford guys hate us and i hate them they talk $hit i'll talk $hit. they want to be big and bad talking this and that why cant we get along cause they drive fords! look the big bad gt40 a 100,000 dollar ford who would buy that crap. give me next years Z06 and it will take that piece of metal down even a C5 with Lighterfelter can take out a gt40 for around 80,000!!! its all about money the car with the most mods and money put in should win if it doesn't man do i feel bad for that guy. Well i already do if they bought a Ford.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
GTOkid said:
Comments about the looks throughout other forums are true tho. It's the one thing that is sort of keeping me away from buying a GTO. Sure it's got a monster under the hood, but how good is it if everyone looks at it as an everyday, "ordinary" car.QUOTE]

GTO kid this anything but an everyday ordinary car, everytime i go anywhere in mine people stop me and are always very impressed, I see people staring and then smiling all the time. I for one always have a smile on my face when I get in to drive it. It is all excitment and pure fun. I have never had one person tell me it looked ordinary. Once you drive one you will know. If they dont sell many thats even better, I actually hope they dont, I dont want to pass one every 1/8th of a mile and see all the secretaries dirving them like they do the mustangs. I respect the mustang power but the car looks old and common. I dont get excited when I see one at all. When I look outside and see the GTO badge I get excited. :bubbrub :cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts