LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, this is the pass I made on October 1st.

I pulled the motor out on Sunday the 2nd and this is what I found

A broken rod took out most of my motor only a little over a month from the East Coast Shootout. I called Jeff at Heintz Racing to tell him the bad news. The next day, he called me back and told me that he was building a 402 for his Corvette. Then he did the unthinkable. He offered to let me borrow the motor for the Shootout. I couldn't believe it.The only problem was that it was still a box of parts. LOL Jared aka G Engines had some work cut out for him but as always he produced!! (thanks bud) He strapped my heads onto the little engine that could and put my cam in it. Now I must say that this is probably not the perfect 402 setup but it made some serious power. Here's the dyno video.

I've got to give a HUGE shoutout to Jeff for letting me use this engine just so I could race this weekend. Not to mention for working until 4am Sunday morning and then all day Sunday afternoon getting it tuned and ready for this Saturday.

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts
That's crazy, any idea what caused it to let go? Heintz is one of the best around, I wish I was closer. Now this makes me wonder if I should just build my ls2 and see what she will do. I can't wait to see it run!

·
10 Second Club
1,101 Posts
That is awesome and hats off to Heintz Racing not many shops go above and beyond like that anymore... I was wondering how your car was doing....Glad to know you will be racing with us so I can get another chance at ya.....

·
HARDCORE since 1982
3,345 Posts
Wow that Sucks.... Sweet to see Heintz Racing step up like that though...
Good luck Sat

·
lost soul
8,593 Posts
now that's customer service right there!
good to see that a little ole 402 can put down some serious power.

·
Banned
4,898 Posts
After talking on the phone last night, It gave me hope that my lil ole 402 might can put down some better numbers with just a few changes. I'm stoked to see how you run this weekend.

Oh and someone should kick the guy shooting the video in the nuts... he missed the ambulance screaming down the track and the safety crew blasting your car with the fire extinguisher.

·
Unicorn
5,018 Posts
Heintz and the boys come through again. We've spent way too many late nights there man. Can't say enough good things about that crew there. Good luck this weekend.

Really surprised y'all didn't go across the street and take my 427, the shootout just isn't gonna be the same with you running someone else's parts.

·
Kwiet Mouse
1,472 Posts
Great customer service right there! You just dont get that now a days. Good luck in the shootout!

·
Unicorn
5,018 Posts
Those guys steped up and delivered! There even tunning B millers car last minute!:turbonaug...(maybe if the stars lighn up)
It just wouldn't be the same without one of us getting tuned last minute huh Thomas? Hopefully the stars align cause I wanna see what your changes will net you guys. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Who says you need big cubes to make power? :turbonaug:turbonaug lol Glad to see you were able to get something worked out Travis. A damn shame what happened with the motor, but it's all part of the game we play....

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune and best wish for getting her ready in time. Glad nothing bad happened when she blew. Sometimes those things don't end well.

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's crazy, any idea what caused it to let go? Heintz is one of the best around, I wish I was closer. Now this makes me wonder if I should just build my ls2 and see what she will do. I can't wait to see it run!
I had four other rods bent. Lunati said the motor must have gotten water in the cylinder in order to create enough pressure to bend these rods. I don't know when that could have happened but these are some bad to the rods. They are Lunati Pro Billet Steel. Saturday can't get here soon enough. :)
That is awesome and hats off to Heintz Racing not many shops go above and beyond like that anymore... I was wondering how your car was doing....Glad to know you will be racing with us so I can get another chance at ya.....
Props to Jeff, Bob, and John. They stuck right in there to get it going. The bad part is that it seemed completely normal to be working on the car at 3 in the morning. LOL

Wow that Sucks.... Sweet to see Heintz Racing step up like that though...
Good luck Sat
Heintz is the only shop I've ever been to. The dedication they have is remarkable to say the least. Thanks

now that's customer service right there!
good to see that a little ole 402 can put down some serious power.
The thing is that this is a conservative setup. With Q16 and maxing the blower out, I think we could have gotten 1000rwhp out of it. My fuel system seems to be laboring a bit so John and Jeff made the decision to stay a bit on the conservative side.

Oh and someone should kick the guy shooting the video in the nuts... he missed the ambulance screaming down the track and the safety crew blasting your car with the fire extinguisher.
I'm not saying a word. I am just glad he took it. :thumbs: :secret:

Heintz and the boys come through again. We've spent way too many late nights there man. Can't say enough good things about that crew there. Good luck this weekend.

Really surprised y'all didn't go across the street and take my 427, the shootout just isn't gonna be the same with you running someone else's parts.
Your motor was the next option. :thumbs:

Great customer service right there! You just dont get that now a days. Good luck in the shootout!
These guys have been like this ever since the day I met them. They truly are a rare breed.

Those guys steped up and delivered! There even tunning B millers car last minute!:turbonaug...(maybe if the stars lighn up)
I hope it works out for him but that's asking alot. :)
Who says you need big cubes to make power? :turbonaug:turbonaug lol Glad to see you were able to get something worked out Travis. A damn shame what happened with the motor, but it's all part of the game we jhplay....
I am so stoked to be racing Saturday.
That sux...Best of luck with new setup...hope it lasts!!
Thanks. I've got another block but the rest is going to take some time. When it runs again, it will be better than ever.
Sorry to hear of your misfortune and best wish for getting her ready in time. Glad nothing bad happened when she blew. Sometimes those things don't end well.
Thanks for the wishes Mike. It could have been an absolute disaster. The rod cut through the oil lines in the pan and out the bottom. The sump was dry in seconds. Oil was everywhere. The car caught on fire but the track crew was there in seconds to put it out. I was very fortunate. There's enough wire loom on this car for a helluva bon fire. :gr_jest: I was so glad to not have wrecked or lose the car to fire.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Nice Travis. Talked with Jeff again today. He seems to think that you and me need to line up Saturday. Ha. I told him my driver mod would FAIL, lol. I just hope I can get her down the track! lol

The guys at Heintz and Jered (G Engines) never cease to amaze me. These guys ROCK. That's why they the only ones that touch my car :)

·
TEAM 1BAD DOG
88 Posts
Travis -

Sorry you lost the original one, but it's amazing how much Jeff and team step-up when you need them. Heintz never ceases to amaze me.

They had my car in last week for some minor tweaks as well and several GTOs that should remain nameless. :D

Another great job by the crew at Heintz.

·
165 MPH CLUB!
2,398 Posts
Guys at heintz are awesome , they offered to trailer my car three hours when i ran into a problem. That why they are the only shop that works on my car. Good luck to all the ECS guys this time around.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts