LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GTO doctor
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at my brother's BBQ tonight and we thought it would be a cool idea to go down to the middle school around the block. This place has the sickest straight away; about 1600 ft, and deserted on a Sunday night.

My brother has a beautiful 97 WS6 TA with Corsa exhaust, intake, roller rockers, computer tune, and 4.10 gears. I figured it should be a pretty close and very interesting race. I was totally right. I took him 8 out of 10 times! The two times I lost it was from a 10 mph roll with him saying "go!" Anyway the perfect launch for my car I found to be about 2000 rpm. It just hooked and took off. I had him by at least 1-2 car lengths at times.

Of course the cops pulled up to the house when we were finished; they had a complaint of some people drag racing down by the school...go figure. They were actually really cool guys and were more interested in our cars that harassing us. It was totally worth the kill though.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
so you beat a TA with exhaust, intake, roller rockers, tune, and gears?????
well first of all let me say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! that is reallly awesome

can i suggest something for the future, switch cars and see who wins. the reason i suggest this is b/c i am pretty sure that his car should be able to beat yours (im assuming you are stock except for the Ripshifter).

you must be one heck of a driver (i think if you switch cars, you would DESTROY your bro in the GTO). but CONGRATS AGAIN!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

just goes to show that the best mod is a great driver :cool:

·
Big Pappa
298 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
so you beat a TA with exhaust, intake, roller rockers, tune, and gears?????
well first of all let me say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! that is reallly awesome

can i suggest something for the future, switch cars and see who wins. the reason i suggest this is b/c i am pretty sure that his car should be able to beat yours (im assuming you are stock except for the Ripshifter).

you must be one heck of a driver (i think if you switch cars, you would DESTROY your bro in the GTO). but CONGRATS AGAIN!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

just goes to show that the best mod is a great driver :cool:
umm isnt a 97 an LT1?

·
GTO doctor
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The 97 TA is an LT1, but I think it should probably beat me. He was having some traction problems, I must admit, but that's what racing is all about. He has the power to weight ratio (300hp stock at 3200lbs; probably about 330hp now). The GTO is 350hp but at over 3700lbs. My car only has a K&N drop in filter, 2 hole modded airbox,TB coolant bypass, and the Ripshift, so it's nothing insane. I'm still waiting on my CS pipe to arrive, although that probably wouldn't add too much against the TA. If the cops hadn't shown up, I would have liked to switch cars. I think he's probably overgeared for an LT1; too much low end torque. We might try to hit Englishtown this week to try some "legal" racing. Either way, we all know the goat is no slouch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts