LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A big congrats goes out to Frank and Walt. Walt drove the car to victory lane and took home the East Coast Shootout II quick 8 title. Way to go guys. It was a great time and it was nice to finally meet you in person along with the rest of the Rocksand racing crowd!

A few details; Frank was the #1 qualifier for the quick 8 with a 9.299. My qualifying pass netted a 9.35. In the first round of eliminations, I forgot where I was at LOL and turned on the red light against the number 7 qualifier. Unfortunately, Walt and I didn't get to line up for the final but did make a pass afterwards in which I redlit......again. I ran a 9.303 to Walts 9.300. It would have been quite interesting at the finish line had I not cheated. :) I look forward to a rematch!

·
Bite Me
3,393 Posts
I must say I really enjoyed seeing Frank's car in person. That car is simply wicked and definitely well built. Kinda cool they came all the way from the great white north just to play with us rednecks.

·
Wheels UP Club !!!!
2,810 Posts
Side by side 9.30ssss.. God you guys are movin :hail:

·
10 Second Club
1,101 Posts
It was a pleasure to get to line up next to you guys in the Quick eight. Great guys to be around and to race with had A excellent Time. Your cars are awesome!!!!

·
Dad's Yellow Goat
632 Posts
Travis I just got home Frank has another hour and Al and Melissa with the traffic we were running into maybe not until midnight. Thank you and everyone for your hospitality it was great that track is absolutely beautiful like a picture postcard.........by the way I was standing at the end of the track and when those two cars came by at 150mph the sound was awesome and the force unbelievable it was worth the trip just for that run.

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Travis I just got home Frank has another hour and Al and Melissa with the traffic we were running into maybe not until midnight. Thank you and everyone for your hospitality it was great that track is absolutely beautiful like a picture postcard.........by the way I was standing at the end of the track and when those two cars came by at 150mph the sound was awesome and the force unbelievable it was worth the trip just for that run.
I'm so glad you guys and gal :) all made it down. It was nice to meet you all and look forward to the next time.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
A big congrats goes out to Frank and Walt. Walt drove the car to victory lane and took home the East Coast Shootout II quick 8 title. Way to go guys. It was a great time and it was nice to finally meet you in person along with the rest of the Rocksand racing crowd!

A few details; Frank was the #1 qualifier for the quick 8 with a 9.299. My qualifying pass netted a 9.35. In the first round of eliminations, I forgot where I was at LOL and turned on the red light against the number 7 qualifier. Unfortunately, Walt and I didn't get to line up for the final but did make a pass afterwards in which I redlit......again. I ran a 9.303 to Walts 9.300. It would have been quite interesting at the finish line had I not cheated. :) I look forward to a rematch!
Travis,

Finally home from a long trip. Just wanted to say a Big Thanks to you and Thomas for hosting such a great event. It was great to finally meet you and all the other GTO owners. I really wish we could have run one more time. I'm already looking forward to next years event!

All the best

Walt

·
Fiorello Motorsports
4,747 Posts
Way to go Walt this is your 2nd quick 8 championship :D

In the works. :)
Melissa & I cant wait till the next one well maybe a few days to recover from the trip LOL!!!

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Way to go Walt this is your 2nd quick 8 championship :D

Melissa & I cant wait till the next one well maybe a few days to recover from the trip LOL!!!
Thanks guys! Would not have been the same without you!

·
10 Second All Motor Club
1,821 Posts

I'm so glad you guys and gal :) all made it down. It was nice to meet you all and look forward to the next time.
Travis... THANK YOU & Thomas!!!!!!!! For putting on such an awesome event!!!! It was so much fun and def worth the eleventymillion hour trip... lol It was so great to finally meet everyone and put faces to names! The idea to put the screennames on the windows was perfect! I'm sorry I don't remember whose idea that was but, good call!!!

Travis your car is sick!!! I loved finally getting to see you run in person! And what a way to end the day... side by side 9.3's with Walt.... just awesome!!! Couldnt have asked for a better ending!

Thanks again for the hospitality, you guys are great! Looking forward to next year :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts