I went with the UAC one from Rock Auto.

·
GR-RRR!
7,876 Posts

·
Seriously?
2004 Pontiac GTO, LS1, 6 speed, Quicksilver/Black
2,295 Posts
Nope, I tried ordering that one. I received an email cancellation saying their "inventory" was incorrect........ :(
There is a parts business over in Australia I have bought a couple of things from... send them an email and see if they have one or can get one, and try that ebay link above.

·
Seriously?
2004 Pontiac GTO, LS1, 6 speed, Quicksilver/Black
2,295 Posts
NAPA auto parts also has a few listed online but it looks like they all have to be ordered. I'd try them as well even though it will be more expensive... better than not having AC at all.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
338 Posts
I'm sorry, what is the UAC one? This car was my son's and he passed away and I"m just trying to fix it up so..... I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge. Hoping to learn a lot in this process though! :)
My apologies, the UAC was 05-06 GTO only I guess, I didn’t realize the A/C system is different on 04s. I’m very sorry for your loss!

My initial searches don’t seem to come up with any new replacements. Keep an eye on leecparts.com as well as dayspartsyard.com for salvaged ones. Might be worth giving them a call to see if they have any or will be breaking down any 04s soon.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Any condenser will work as long as you can get the dryer to fit it, and as long as it has the same capacity and the fittings are correct or adapters for such fittings are used. If the inlet side of the dryer fits, thats the lower fitting to the condenser, then your dryer will work and attach to the evaporator line.

It also has to be the right overall dimensions to fit in front of the radiator, and must fit to the compressor hose. You can adapt it to fit the existing radiator clips with pop rivets or screws. Take out the radiator, and service it as a unit. Meaning, once it is determined the hoses/lines fit, then attach it to the radiator and slide it into place as a unit.

The key is the dryer. It must fit and be leak free. It strips the moisture from the freon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts