LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, got to the track at 6:30pm, and got one run in with the GTP... 14.4 @ 97 mph. Not bad for 160,000 on the clock. It has the "typical" bolt ons, but I'm sure with some bigger meats, it should see the 13's... as the wheelspin off the line is bad. Anyways...

After parkin the GTP and getting back into line with the GTO (a few cars behind BoostedLT5 - who was there tonight too), and letting the car cool off in the cold-ish air, I made my way to the head of the line. JUST as I staged, the track operators pulled us back off the line... and we had to wait 40 minutes for the track to be cleaned, as someone blew their load all over the track.... Grrr.

So, finally they cleaned the mess up, and I went back to stage against a cammed Mustang, with a nasty sounding exhaust. After last Saturday's pathetic launches, where I bogged badly off the line, I decided to try holding the revs at ~3,500 RPM ... with the clutch just shy of catching. The tree lit up, and the mustang jumped off the line just before me, as I dumped the clutch and nailed the gas. My 275 Proxes held their own, as I launched off the line, with no spin. Honestly, I was prepared to feather the gas and the clutch due to wheelspin and hop, but there was none! And thus, I had a slight hesitation just before the 1-2 shift... the only mistake I really made.

Anyways, as we blasted down the track, the stang was maybe a car length in front of me, but I quickly reeled him in, accelerated away past him. We were 3/4 of the way down the track before I could tell he shut down, now several car lengths behind me. I know he was not expecting me to spank him. All in all, it was what I would call a very good run... but not quite perfect.

Ok, I'll shut up... here's my numbers...

R/T --------- .593
60' ---------- 2.105
330 --------- 5.690
1/8 --------- 8.601
MPH -------- 84.94
1000 ------- 11.101
1/4 --------- 13.217
MPH -------- 106.90

I think my car COULD hit 12's if I *nail* the launch, and with a few degrees colder temps. It was ~60 degrees at the track tonight. I only got one run in because that cleanup took so long. I didnt really care, cuz I'm still smilin' with the results of my one run... :turbonaug

Comments on my numbers? Is that a decent 60' ?

·
My normal state of affairs...
5,909 Posts
get that 60' down to a 2.0 and you should be high 12's:gears:

·
silver m6
240 Posts
I agree and what year GTP. In have a SLP cai intake for a 97-03. $75.00 excellent condition. My old GTP was running 13.9/8. Kept blowing that car up. 2 transmission, 1 engine. 2 bad cats(took engine out). Better 60 ft on GTO u will be in the high 12's. nice runs

·
5,909 Posts
i cant wait to get back to track when the weather cools off. i know i can pull low 13s bone stock with a harder launch. but the headers have been delivered so i may not be bone stock the next time i go:turbonaug

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Lets get those boys on there John. Just installed Sean's (s9779) headers tonight. I am also going up to NED in mid to late October. If anybody else wants to go. Will be taking her up on a trailer. Going to be really hard on her this time. I want 13.4 or lower. Might blow an axle, or toast the clutch.

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
backndagame said:
I agree and what year GTP. In have a SLP cai intake for a 97-03. $75.00 excellent condition. My old GTP was running 13.9/8. Kept blowing that car up. 2 transmission, 1 engine. 2 bad cats(took engine out). Better 60 ft on GTO u will be in the high 12's. nice runs
'99... love that car...and a great winter beater. Thx for the offer.. I actually had that intake, and sold it for the Wizaired. I'm on my 2nd tranny too, but totally the fault of the dealer... ehh, dont get me going.

·
5,909 Posts
Black Devil said:
Lets get those boys on there John. Just installed Sean's (s9779) headers tonight. I am also going up to NED in mid to late October. If anybody else wants to go. Will be taking her up on a trailer. Going to be really hard on her this time. I want 13.4 or lower. Might blow an axle, or toast the clutch.
i shall be contacting you soon:turbonaug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts