LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I ponder my next purchase, I am wondering what I want out of the Predator. My main gripes are the somewhat soft shifts, the TM, and of course the issues some of you speak of with the stock tune. I am wondering...If I have RWTD do a custom tune, can they tailor the shifts to my liking? By this I mean, could I get the shifts to give me a nicer "kick" :) at WOT but still be tolerable around town? Maybe these are ignorant questions, but I would just like the best of both worlds, with some added performance and the current comfort! :)

Thanks,
Brett

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
In short. Yes
:drink::drink:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tails...you will have the same mods as me when I get the Pred....how are you liking the car now as opposed to stock? Thanks, by the way!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
If you like chirping the tires then you will love it. Going 1-2 and 2-3 I can break them loose all day long. I don't have much chance to do 3-4. After a while I put the stock tune back in just to see. It was very boring. I do not know all that is in the custom tune but it feels great. RWTD has a different custom tune that I do not have. I did not buy from him :-( I am going to pay the fee and have him do a little tweeking on mine.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good...I am going to have RWTD do a custom tune for the LS1 Speed HFI, or so I think right now. Also, how is the car in everyday, non-spirited driving?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I drive it every day and I don't know if I have gone more than a little without driving with spirit. I love it when I get to be the first in line at the stop light. I drop it to third, make sure the T/C is off and do some major acceleration to about 5 over the speed limit. One of the long stretches (5 miles or so) on my way home is about 1/4 mile between lights with a limit of 50. I can drive it without chirping but it can be difficult :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Tails said:
If you like chirping the tires then you will love it. Going 1-2 and 2-3 I can break them loose all day long. I don't have much chance to do 3-4. After a while I put the stock tune back in just to see. It was very boring. I do not know all that is in the custom tune but it feels great. RWTD has a different custom tune that I do not have. I did not buy from him :-( I am going to pay the fee and have him do a little tweeking on mine.

Please forgive my lack of knowledge, but this Predator sounds like a much needed accessory for the GTO. Is this something that the average joe can do without harming anything? Can it easily go back to the stock tune? Who or what is RWTD? The tire chirp in an A4 would be awesome. Currently no mods so would the Predator benifit me? The only mods I my do in the near future would be plugs, wires and possibly K&N setup.

Thanks for any guidance.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
jimzman said:
Please forgive my lack of knowledge, but this Predator sounds like a much needed accessory for the GTO. Is this something that the average joe can do without harming anything? Can it easily go back to the stock tune? Who or what is RWTD? The tire chirp in an A4 would be awesome. Currently no mods so would the Predator benifit me? The only mods I my do in the near future would be plugs, wires and possibly K&N setup.

Thanks for any guidance.
The predator is for the average Joe that would be overwhelmed with the complete tuners like LS1edit or HP Tuners. It is very easy to input the custom tune and just as easy to go back to the stock tune.RWTD is Running With The Devil one of the sponsors of this site. The custom tune would be specifically for a car with no mods. A K&N setup would be better with a tune and RWTD would do that for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts