LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my buddy and I spent 5 hours today doing the Zaino. Wash/clay bar/wash/Z5/Z2. I'm going to be sore tomorrow. But WOW, what results.
As you can see from the pics, there's just alittle bit of shinning going on.
I also modded my original center caps to work with the Ronals. FYI, take good care of those original center caps, $68 each from Pontiac!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
That looks great. You have more patience than me as I only spent 4 hours the first time. But from then on washing and waxing has been a piece of cake.
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Pontiac caps

Jodi said:
Well my buddy and I spent 5 hours today doing the Zaino. Wash/clay bar/wash/Z5/Z2. I'm going to be sore tomorrow. But WOW, what results.
As you can see from the pics, there's just alittle bit of shinning going on.
I also modded my original center caps to work with the Ronals. FYI, take good care of those original center caps, $68 each from Pontiac!

I like the Ronal wheels and the Poncho caps look real good with them. Good job.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that's Fat Boy. I can't do anything without that boy having to hang around. If you look in the 2nd pic you can see his reflection. It does take alot of work the 1st go round, but the results speak for themselves. Thanks for the compliments guys.

·
Registered
392 Posts
:D :drink: :) Looks really nice Jodi... Shine Shine... $68 bucks for the C-Caps ooHHH... I didn't know you picked Purple. My choice also and some my Wife.. Ha ha.. I was told by a dealer that only 7% are going to be Cosmo Purple w/purple leather standard.. Nice job... Cosmo

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
762 Posts
A buddy of mine spent 3 hours with a clay bar and Tropicare and I got shine like that. :D

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Yeah, I like that Cosmo Purple. Very, very nice.

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
MMmmmmMMMMmm purple...

How much do you charge for the cleaning service? I don't have that kind of patience. Using the Mr. Clean Wash thingy is the most I have done so far.

The wife and I are adding a 2004 SSR in Ultra Violet to our fleet this week. I think the Ultra Violet is the same (or pretty similar) to the Cosmo Purple. We'll see when we do a meet with some other owners and bring them both out.

Diggs

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
For those that have done the Zaino thing are you finding the dust clinging, or does this stuff help reduce that?

I have way to much static cling. :mad:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Your car looks absolutely sweet. I love that Cosmos Purple (grape lolipop). That is such a nice color and you've done a great job with the Zaino.

MLC, I've found that using the Z6 afterwards and regularly helps the dust to not stick as much. Once I've done a full Zaino job, I use Z6 at least once a week if not twice and I dust it every day. I've been able to go over three months without washing the car using this method. Of course that means not driving it in the rain.

Mike Lewis

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
PFYC said:
MLC, I've found that using the Z6 afterwards and regularly helps the dust to not stick as much. Once I've done a full Zaino job, I use Z6 at least once a week if not twice and I dust it every day. I've been able to go over three months without washing the car using this method. Of course that means not driving it in the rain.

Mike Lewis
I also use Z6 once or twice a week. Can't keep my hands off the car.

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
2,345 Posts
Looks Sweet Jodi. I would keep an eye on Fat Boy he just might try taking the Goat out on his own some night to do some Catting Around ! :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Colorado,
I know what you mean about Fats. That boy, every time I do the interior, wants to get in the drivers seat. It's kinda scarey how smart he and our other boy, Gizmo, are. I haven't used my Z6 yet, but have been using the Liquid Pearl from Einmann Fabrik. It's just tough in Spring, in Florida, to avoid the yellow pollen. Great one day, yellow the next.
Diggs,
$100/hr + travel expenses.(I like really big steaks and lobsters, topped off by creme brulee and double espresso's with black Sambucca).

·
Registered
399 Posts
Silicon Valley Goat said:
Do you think the clay bar makes a difference on a new car's paint job?

Also, does anyone have suggestions on when to first apply Zaino on a new car? Should I wait a few weeks, or apply it ASAP?
To give you an example, A friend of mine bought a new Boxter a couple of years ago and I had just finished Zainoing my car. When I ran my hand over his paint, it felt like sandpaper. He ended up clay baring his car. Any car new or old in my opinion should be clay barred if you want that perfect shine. It doesn't take that long to do it and it is a one time thing.
The clay bar is also good for taking paint overspray off. I don't think you have to wait to Zaino new paint but you can get FAQ on www.zainobros.com website.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Using a clay bar does make a huge difference. I was skeptical, but used one when I did my first Zaino treatment on the S2000 when I bought it. It was amazing how much smoother the brand new paint was after the clay bar treatment. It is a little tedious and time consuming, but I think it is definitely worth it. I will use one on my GTO when I get it.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Silicon Valley Goat said:
Also, does anyone have suggestions on when to first apply Zaino on a new car? Should I wait a few weeks, or apply it ASAP?
The paint has been aging since the car was in OZ. Go for it!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just have to chime in about using the clay bar. Like the others have posted above, it makes a WORLD of difference. Expect to use some good elbow grease but you will be pleased with the results.

Cheers!!!

~MattS

1 - 20 of 25 Posts