LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, first and foremost thanks to Smitty @ AZPS, I got him my intake and my paint code, and the rest is all drooling. Speed inc provided fuel rails that didnt fit, so I had to go with a local aftermarket brand. For reference Aeromotive fuel rails will fit perfectly with a Fast 90 and LS2 injectors. The aeromotive bracket pattern is the correct way to bolt up, what a nightmare.

Anyways I mounted my solenoids on the strut bar with a custom made bracket. Tons of reasons why I did this but I'll name a few:

1. LS2's have heat issues in the goats, mounting on the strut tower keeps it from connecting directly to the hot motor.

2. Took out the hood scoups so now the air is flowing and keeping them cool.

For those of you who dont know, inside solenoids are rubber plungers, extreme heat or cold will cause them to lock up, not open at all, or even worse stay open completely. In the summer it is a must to keep heat away from them, or something bad could happen. I have a custom bottle(s) system in the trunk, so just wait till I post up some pics on that. Cold Fusion is providing me with some goodies. It will however be powered by the NX Smart TPS, thats the best on the market. Results soon, hitting the track on Saturday locally. 11's or Bust.

Attachments

·
Bann3d
6,043 Posts
???? for you what in the world makes you think that taking the rubber inserts out of the scoops is going to do any good ??? there are many many posts on this board that will show little to no more air flow with them out as opposed to them in and the ambient temp. under the hood changes little to none.. +/- 2 degrees.. as far as your soleniods who fed you full of this information ?? I dont think major companys would install soleniods directly on top of intakes or on brackets right off the the engine if it was going to cause a problem...

·
mid-11 second club
1,151 Posts
from the reading i thaught u had a DP...........never seen solenoids mounted there for a plate.....

im with slowgoat on this one.....makes no sense.......:confused:

·
And your point is.......
1,065 Posts
Looks great. Eleven's should be yours. I was so close tonight. As far as slowgoat's comments, take them with a grain of salt. The other day he told a guy he should throw out his TNT noids (one of the respected names in the industry). I removed my inserts over a year ago amd am happy with the results. Your mounting of the noids is orignal and I see nothing wrong with it.
Have FUN!

·
mid-11 second club
1,151 Posts
you can mount them there, it might be original....yes, but to do it for heat issues because of a rubber plunger locking up?

not doubting the system, im sure he will go 11's, its just the reasoning......for the placement.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think the set up looks great! I too was wondering if the heat makes a difference on the way the noids might work being so damn hotand close to the motor.

·
Registered
258 Posts
slowgoat said:
???? for you what in the world makes you think that taking the rubber inserts out of the scoops is going to do any good ??? there are many many posts on this board that will show little to no more air flow with them out as opposed to them in and the ambient temp. under the hood changes little to none.. +/- 2 degrees.. as far as your soleniods who fed you full of this information ?? I dont think major companys would install soleniods directly on top of intakes or on brackets right off the the engine if it was going to cause a problem...
The temp readings you speak of were IAT measurements - not at the strut tower brace. I think that it is a great place to mount them beacuse with the hood plugs removed they will get direct air flow. It can't hurt, except for a bug splatter or two.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts