LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you buy or have bought SLP LTs with high flow cats and you need a replacement cat, like I did cause mine went bad after a year and for some reason is not covered under the lifetime warranty... its 180.00 USC to buy a new one on top of 10 bucks for shipping....

just something to think about when randomtech cats are like 90 bucks a peice...

·
Just a Re-engineered Cavalier
2,244 Posts
So how does that not fall under the warranty??

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
hiflos are cheap on ebay BTW

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steel Chicken said:
hiflos are cheap on ebay BTW
The only one's I could find the day I NEEDED to order them were used. on top of I've never had a good Ebay experience.

It sux, but I figure I'd let other know what the retail is on them.

·
DANG!
790 Posts
You should be able to put any cat on it as long as it's the right diameter for the pipes. Just don't buy it from SLP.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I realize this is after the fact, but performance curve (an ebay company; and I'm not sure if they are still around or not...) but I got 2- 3 inch in and out- cats from them for 40 bucks each, and they worked great on my 97 Z28 Their number is (or was, only called once, and that was like 3 years ago) 540 343 1593

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
huskergto said:
How do you know if you've got a bad cat?? I've got the SLP's also, and wouldn't know the difference...
I heard it, there was something rattling in the cat, it would stop when I'd give it gas, but once I let off the gas it would rattle like if you dropped a marble on the ground.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Did they not give you a reason that they would not send another one to you under warranty? I'm the type of person that requires a "why" when someone tells me they can't do something, thats complete bs!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Nemisis said:
Did they not give you a reason that they would not send another one to you under warranty? I'm the type of person that requires a "why" when someone tells me they can't do something, thats complete bs!
becasue i've heard this on other SLP 04 and it turns out to be a heat shield that came free

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
The cats would ony go bad if they were overheated - a lot! Since they are much further back then the stock ones, I would be worried about your tune (running too lean??)

·
Registered
147 Posts
One of my cats had a rattle, ended up being the heat sheild. 3 out of the 4 spot welds holding it on broke, so I just snatched it off.

·
I'm gonna get you!
2,812 Posts
sledheadRick said:
The cats would ony go bad if they were overheated - a lot! Since they are much further back then the stock ones, I would be worried about your tune (running too lean??)
or it could have just been a bad cat.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sledheadRick said:
its not the tune!!!! it was a tack weld inside the cat that kept a metal ring in place to keep the cat material in place that broke!!!!!!! the cat material its self looked brand new!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts