LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i got a call yesterday from a friend asking if i wanted to go to the track. i had nothing better to do so what the hell. long story short the air was good, traction was minmal and we were detirmined. btw the car we took up was my friends 04 GTO. he got it just about 2 1/2 weeks ago, it has about 1200-1300 miles on it. we wanted to get the car in the 13's since most mags can only low 14's with them. mind you the car is almost bone stock. it has magnaflow mufflers inplace of stock ones. they didnt help much with performance (judging by the seat of the pants feel) but they sounds better. the rest of the car is stock, with no air filter in the box. so we get there with zero cool down time he made a pass. 14.10 @ 101 with a 2.2 60', not too bad. we knew it would get better since we had all night and it would get cooler. let it cool about 30 min and pull off a 14.02 @102. let it cool down over a hour, and tried dumping the clutch instead of feathering out of the hole and pulled off a 13.83 @102. we were very happy. so another run followed and the air temp dropped quite a bit. ran back to back 13.83 @ 102. next we took the spare, jack, and all other contents out of the trunk and interior. just loose items nothing unbolted ot anythign like that. and we took the air box off. we tied up the MAF with some hair ties to the bolts that hold the headlight (ya it was hillbilly rigged but it was for only 1 run) goes out and busts a 13.59 @104. we were shocked as hell. so if we can pick up 2-3 tenths we can compete very easily with ram air/ss f-body's. just thought id share this venture with ya. hopefully he will put a tire on it. i think we can go 13.30-13.40 bone stock if he can get it to hook up. he couldnt go less than 2.2 60' all night either. the car is a M6 we did not touch the tire pressure or do anything else from what i had said.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Very nice numbers. What was the air temp that night???

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Excellent!!!!
:drink::drink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was last night, was about 60 out. i have video off all but 2 runs. the very first one, and the 4th run. so i have the fastest run, and 2 others. hoping to get light mods on it right now. its being leased so nothing crazy. his g/f got the right idea she bought a silver 04 M6 last week.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Dom87SS said:
it was last night, was about 60 out. i have video off all but 2 runs. the very first one, and the 4th run. so i have the fastest run, and 2 others. hoping to get light mods on it right now. its being leased so nothing crazy. his g/f got the right idea she bought a silver 04 M6 last week.
60 degrees...Ah how I pine for 60 degrees right now. Was like 105 here today. Ugh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts