LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Goat gets Pedderized!

Made my appointment with Mike at Waukegan Tire today. They'll need it for a full two days so I'm dropping it off the night of 10/26 and I should have it back 10/28.

I'm doing basically everything except for the front and rear sway bar bushes and endlinks. Just about all the bushings in the front were shot. One set wasn't but we're replacing them anyway. Swapping out the steering rack bushing also. I'm going with the GSR struts and shocks all around.

For the rear, I'm getting the camber kit, the inner IRS bushes, X-member bushes, and the diff insert.

Not sure which springs yet. They're going to measure the car and install whatever get it closest to it is now. Then it'll get cradle alignment, four wheel alignment and new KDWS's with a road force balance.

Should be like a brand new car!

·
I'm gonna get you!
2,812 Posts
2 days? whoa mine took like 6 hours or so. And I did everything incuding swaybars.

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
Damn, that's fantastic.

s/b better-n-new by a long shot.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Pedders??

Know this...

At DMS recommendation I had the following done in answer to failed strut problem ('06 IBM M6)...

EP093 - sway bar front link urethane bushings
EP9019 - radius rod rear bushings
EP6500 - control arm bushings
5851 - strut mount bushings
EP9166 - radius rod front bushings
9985L and 9985R - GSR struts

There's more I want to do, including the rear, but that I can do myself or wait until later.

Now for the results (T/C on)...

Braking is improved, shorter, more predictable, considerably less nose-dive.

Cornering is flatter with more lateral grip, and unexpectedly more neutral steering (less understear).

I was concerned that the GSRs would make the ride a tad harsher. That worry was squashed. I notice no more bumps than before and can tell the GSRs and related bushings respond more accurately and quickly to road bumps.

Most significantly, the harmonics set up within the suspension and chassis on OEM vs. Pedders is astonishingly improved. There is less secondary movement and shake in the car over the road. It feels less like sitting on top of a bull now, and more like sitting down within a roadster.

In short, the feel of the car is so wonderfully changed it feels like a different vehicle altogether.

I cannot wait to get the rest of the bushings and mounts done, along with sways, strut brace and body links.

I got mine from DMS and would not consider going anywhere else. Mike White is THE MAN!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts