LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Carbon Feaver
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, in case you guys don't already know, I was the schmuck with the broken ass car. The alternator pulley wobbled it's self to death, instigating the certain demise of the entire belt.

The group that I drove down with held true to the "No Goat Left Behind" principle, and ensured that I had people with me at all times, when my car ultimately shredded my HD belt. The entire group, around 25 people total, stuck around with me in a place that is not even considered a city, but a "zone"... the "Afton Zone".

Due to the safety and health of some of the folks that were with us, most of the group left, and RacerAQ and his wife stuck with me throughout the entire adventure.

After waiting nearly 2 hours total for the tow truck, it finally came.

Now, I discovered during the ride to the State Line, which is as far as the tow truck would take me, that my AAA card would only get me 100 miles. And it was 130 miles from Vegas. At $10/mile, that would have been a hefty price tag! Each of the members offered to allow me to use their AAA cards, tried to pull strings through the AAA membership, and did everything they could. Unfortunately, AAA requires you to have the card with the car, no matter what. Nevertheless, they all stepped up, checking in the entire way to Vegas.

Eventually we get to the state line, where the Tow Truck driver drops us off in the middle of an empty parking lot.

Within an hour or so, it gets dark. Very dark... and I'm not sure if you guys remember, but there was some gnarly lightning that night. It was striking right down in our very same parking lot... I have a video I'll upload later showing this.

As of 9:30PM, I make it home, to Pallace Station. I was lucky enough to entice the driver to get me the whole way for only $40 bucks, instead of the nearly $200 I was going to have to pay.

During this same time frame, RacerAQ and his wife were calling up local places that might have Alternators to replace mine. Some places wanted up to $500 to have it shipped overnight. Eventually, RacerAQ (Tony) got a hold of a GM dealer and set it up for half that price, to be ready for Monday morning. On top of that, he gave me his spare belt! Luckily we have a similar configuration.

We installed in in less than an hour, and we were on our way home! 10 hours later, I made it. Car in one peace, a great weekend behind me, and lessons learned of what great people there are out there.

NorCal Goats, to all of you, you are all amazing, class act people. Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise. I appreciate everything that you guys did for me, and I will not forget. The same goes to the other folks that sincerely showed their concern for my situation. Thank you!

·
GoatRun...what's that????
3,989 Posts
Word Ivan. Glad it worked out ok. It was good seeing all of you NC'ers. Hope you all made it home safely.

·
Mr.CGM / Team G.P Performace
4,807 Posts
A fantastic ending to a bad situation, Ivan! And hats off to you too. You kept a cool head when many of us would have lost our cool.

Oh yeah, Tony and Cathy are the dynamic duo!

NCG

+2 ^^^

·
Carbon Feaver
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A fantastic ending to a bad situation, Ivan! And hats off to you too. You kept a cool head when many of us would have lost our cool.

Oh yeah, Tony and Cathy are the dynamic duo!

NCG
Thanks guys. I was determined to have a good time in Vegas, no matter what! Plus, the company I was in made sure I was supported at all times, so I knew I'd get out of there.

Always have to stay positive, no matter what. It's not worth wasting energy on the negative. :)

·
You talk about vengeance...
6,779 Posts
When I heard Tony/Cathy calling shops and reporting back over the radio, it had reconfirmed my affection for this club. Although my affection has no need to be reconfirmed.

I'm glad it worked out Ivan!

·
Administrator
13,113 Posts
Holy crap that was a long tow ride.

Glad everything worked out ok, but I'm sure it was stressful.

·
Maggied G8 FTW!!
826 Posts
AAA Premium is only a few bucks more.. get it... You wont regret it ... eh?

Glad everyone got home safe + sound.... props to the NorCal Goats .... a class act!!

·
Kinda Stock
6,247 Posts
Glad to hear you made it, someone should have posted on the forum though. I would have pulled my alternator off, tossed my tools in the trunk, and met you at State Line.

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
Awesome dude! Glad to see there is a really good group of goaters here looking out for one another :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
No one left behind is right. Moving as a group is what keeps us together. i am glad you got home Ivan see you at the next club GTG.

·
IBM on the loose.
1,379 Posts
to Ivan and all of the Nor Cal Goats. Cathy and I thank you all for the kind words. We are all in it together. That's what the spirit of our club is all about. We take care of each other. Thank you. Tony

1 - 20 of 21 Posts