LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
qwkgoat
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally do my burnouts in 3 and leave it in 3 to launch at the track with stock stall, drs, drag bags, and most importantly line-lock. Should I do my burnout in D and then switch to 3 prior to launch? It seems that sometimes the CPU gets confused and occasionally bogs if I do it in 3 then run it in 3. Hell it could be user error.

·
Drag Racer
930 Posts
Heres what I do

get tires wet roll up out of the puddle
put it in 1st start burn out soon as it gets up to 4000ish bump into 2nd and let off the line lock and go up to 5500 or so but theres no need to be bouncing it off the rev limiter
I usually burn a few car lengths out of the box and then to race put it in [D]

·
Non Denominational Car Nut
2,347 Posts
I do my burnouts in 1st only
get em spinning keeping revs between 3500 and 4500,
wait till I see smoke then
ease out of the box and let off throttle as soon as the tires catch..
To race I put it in 3rd.
Unless your running 30" slicks all you need to do is clean and heat the tires..
Doing a 1- 2 gear massive burnout is totally wasted time and money..

·
Drag Racer
930 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
Unless your running 30" slicks all you need to do is clean and heat the tires..
Doing a 1- 2 gear massive burnout is totally wasted time and money..

good point ..

I was speaking only of ET Streets

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
On the 1/8th mile track, I do it in "3". On the 1/4, I do it in "D" since I've got it geared to go through the traps in OD nowadays. Main reason is that almost everytime I do it in "1" I forget to put it in 3 or D when I stage and end up bouncing the limiter. :shiner:

Here's my burnout in Louisville:
http://padrenet.com/hlink/videos/2006hpp-1.wmv

I love what the announcer says. I was running M/T DR's and cutting 1.6 60's all day long.

Padre

·
Drag Racer
930 Posts
PadreGTO said:
On the 1/8th mile track, I do it in "3". On the 1/4, I do it in "D" since I've got it geared to go through the traps in OD nowadays. Main reason is that almost everytime I do it in "1" I forget to put it in 3 or D when I stage and end up bouncing the limiter. :shiner:

Padre

I've done that before but leaving it in 2nd and it revs up to 6k and hardly moves lol :shiner:

·
qwkgoat
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks fellas...I'll give 1st (burnout) a try and run it in 3rd as always.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I usually do my burnout in 1st.....Iv run in both 3rd and D and it never made an et difference.

·
IKSWHTASOL
2,224 Posts
I do the burnout in 1 and run the quarter in 3. Can't really say if that is right or wrong...it's just the way I do it.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
2nd gear burnouts........and onto D for the run

·
WELL WELL , WANNA PLAY HUH!
81 Posts
I hop out of the box then roll up about 2 or 3 ft' before i burn. 1st to 5k then 2nd till 5k then let it roll up. Then stage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts