LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things I've noticed about my A4 is that when it shifts under heavy acceleration, it tends to lose speed & power during the shift, then it winds back up. This never happened on my Camaro or on my bro's Formula. His car actually JUMPS forward during his shifts. The GTO almost seems to drob back slightly! Any explanation? Both trannies are stock 4L60Es with stock tuning.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Torque Management.

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and that can be fixed...with a predator programmer, I suppose?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I wasn't too impressed with the Predator. It made the tranny shift harder but the performance didn't seem any better. I uninstalled mine and sold it.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
RedThunder said:
and that can be fixed...with a predator programmer, I suppose?
You can select the shift points. I have the custom install and have not measured it at the track. It does make a lot of difference just driving around. I plan on signing up with RWTD (I goofed and didn't buy from him originally) to get a better tune going.

:drink::drink:

·
Registered
262 Posts
The GTO has some MEAN torque management... Timing actually drops back below 0 degrees (ie. retarded) during the shifts.. They try to psych you out with recalibrated shift timing (ie. the long slide into 2nd gear) so it doesn't feel so "dead."

A good converter, a good shift kit, and a good tune will turn the A4 GTO into a high 12 ride without much work at all.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Brains said:
The GTO has some MEAN torque management...
I have used the term aggressive but I like MEAN better......
:drink::drink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts