LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I've got a MY2002 "Chevrolet Lumina SS" which is the Gulf Spec version of the Holden Commodore VX Series 2, 4-door sedan.

Here in the Logic-Free Zone it's only available with A4 txmsn. There were no LHD V8's validated with a manual box when I bought the car so could not get an M6.
So had to live with this txmsn until recently.

My Xmas present was a T56-1386-22 (stock issue) fitted with a closer 5th and 6th gear (0.80 & 0.63) and up-rated to whatever parts are fitted to the Viper T56 (to make it as durable & reliable as I can for use here).

I've started the conversion and have the clutch pedal and bracket in but am stuck at the clutch master cylinder and reservoir fitting.
The reservoir I have came from a RHD as did the master cylinder.
The bracket it's on won't fit because it comes up against the coolant header tank and suspension turret.
So I've ordered a new bracket through GM here as I've found that the V6 engined Lumina was validated for LHD fitting of a 5-speed Getrag box.
So the reservoir bracket should be the same as it mounts in the same location. We'll see when that arrives.

But the master cylinder is a bit more difficult to sort out:
The RHD version I have has the feed for the hydraulic line to the slave cylinder coming vertically out of the bottom of the cylinder.
When fitted in the car, this means I have about 15mm of clearance to get the line in as it's just clear of the inner wing down in that corner of the car between the brake master cylinder and the side of the car.
It's not a lot of room to work with and the supplied line that came in the conversion kit from Oz won't do it.
The V6 master cylinder has the union coming out of the right side with a 45 degree down-angle (when viewed from the front of the car looking at the bulkhead). But I need to know how it is with the GTO to avoid taking the wrong direction here.

Can someone who has an M6 GTO confirm how it all looks on your cars, as these are the first validated LHD V8's?
...If someone can get me a decent close-up pic that'd be great.
Also If someone has got or can get hold of part numbers and prices for the master cyinder and hydraulic line assembly from master to the slave cylinder then even better.

You can contact me at this e-address:- [email protected]

Regards, --- Sid447 ---

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
762 Posts
Hmmmm... Somebody from ls1.com.au emailed me about this very problem. I have an M6 GTO but my digital camera is a piece of junk. I'll see if I can get someone to take a few pictures this weekend when "the gang" is going to a local car show.

I'm also going to be ordering the factory service manual. I could scan the appropriate pages but only once I get it in a few months.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
derf said:
Hmmmm... Somebody from ls1.com.au emailed me about this very problem. I have an M6 GTO but my digital camera is a piece of junk. I'll see if I can get someone to take a few pictures this weekend when "the gang" is going to a local car show.

I'm also going to be ordering the factory service manual. I could scan the appropriate pages but only once I get it in a few months.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Derf,

Yes that was "motomk" one of the mods and a mate of mine.
I'm having a few problems doing this conversion myself to the LHD 4-door sedan version here in the LFZ.
The only bits I have to go by are RHD Oz bits and a V6 M5 that was validated for use by the Police here for MY'99-2000 and that is different enough to not be of enough help in detail.
If you are happy to pass your e-m to me on mine mentioned above, it may help me with a bit more understanding here.

Regards, --- Sid447 ---

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I'll see what I can take this weekend.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I'll do what I can. Tomorrow is Valentines day, so I've got all the big plans on for the G/F.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts