LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm dropping her off this evening and if all goes right (which it never does for me) I should have her back Thursday. I went and looked at it today, in all its satin glory. It has the black resorvior (sp?) for the intercooler like in the other thread. I guess its the new version. I'll post some numbers after it get it back.

For all of you guys with MPD hoods, I guess I'll be the guinee pig to see if the hood clears. I would hate the lose the extra 3-4 hp the ram air might give for a measely 125 hp, but sacrifices have to be made sometimes. I figure if it hits bad I'll just cut the bottom off of the plenum out and all the air rushing in through the scoops will hit the top of the s/c and maybe help keep it cooler??

Anyway, wish me luck and high horse power.

Dave

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Good, luck.

Could I ask how much this kit plus instal is running you?

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I won't know until its done. I'll getting a break on the install because its the first one he's done but I won't know until we see how closely Murphy is watching and appying his law to me.

Dave

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
So much for me being able to use your 1/4 times anymore.........
:drink::drink:

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, just get a Mag and you're back in. Also, you can use the ice from your beer cooler to cool down the s/c between runs. That's like getting twice as much use for the ice. The savings will add up and you can recover the price of the blower in no time.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Hey Dave can you ask Mike if he has any more in stock?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Make sure that mike removes the screen from the mass air meter this is very important because it wont make the power number if you dont. Makes a major differance in power. VERY IMPORTANT! Magnuson will have this step in there manual very soon.

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dbluegoat said:
Hey Dave can you ask Mike if he has any more in stock?
I'll ask him tomorrow when I see him. If not, he can get one in a couple of days. He ordered mine on Wednesday and got it Friday.

Dave

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GOATANATOR said:
Make sure that mike removes the screen from the mass air meter this is very important because it wont make the power number if you dont. Makes a major differance in power. VERY IMPORTANT! Magnuson will have this step in there manual very soon.
I'll have to check, I might have already done that. If not, I'll tell him to do it. Thanks for the heads up.

Dave

·
21,898 Posts
Wavydavy GTO said:
I'll ask him tomorrow when I see him. If not, he can get one in a couple of days. He ordered mine on Wednesday and got it Friday.

Dave
sweet thanks......

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, here is the day one update. The magnacharger is on and the car is running! I stopped by earlier and it looked great but they weren't done. It still needs to be tuned so I should have it tomorrow. Everything went very well so far. The MPD hood closes but it hits the front corner of the s/c. Fortunately it is an area that can be ground down enough to make it clear. It shouldn't even be noticeable.

They had to put the stock u/d pulley back on but who cares. It was on less than a month and Mike is giving me credit for it so I'm not out anything. In fact, the only thing I'm losing is the Speed Inc. Induction tube (Anybody want it, I'll make you a great deal on it. PM me). The new tube fits into the MPD box so I keep the functionality of the hood.

GOATANATOR: Yes, I had already de-screened my MAF so no problem there. Thanks for looking out though.

Here is the bad part, as some of you know, I'm a deputy here in Orange County (Orlando) and we are the target of Hurricane Francis. I was supposed to be off this weekend so I could really test out the car. Well that is probably going to change. After Charley I worked nine days straight and this one might be worse if it hits like they predict (guess) it will so who knows when I'll get to drive it. I should at least be off Friday so I'll try to cram all the pictures and driving impressions I can for everyone then.

I'll post something tomorrow when I pick it up. Take care.

Dave

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Those extrey ponies might come in handy if you have to outrun Francis. Might make a good kill, if you're just mindin' yer owwwwwwn b'ness. :D

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Dave good luck with the weather man!! I'll have to drop by and check out that gorgeous poncho next time I'm in Orlando :)

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mistermike said:
Those extrey ponies might come in handy if you have to outrun Francis. Might make a good kill, if you're just mindin' yer owwwwwwn b'ness. :D
I would never advocate street racing but...if all that b*tch can do 145mph than she may just turn around and go the other way after I'm done with her! Hahaha.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Dave:

Yes, take care regarding the big wind. Let us know when you can connect with your s/ced ride. The tune makes a big difference. The s/c and other mods will be a very potent goat, no doubt.

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GTPprix said:
Dave good luck with the weather man!! I'll have to drop by and check out that gorgeous poncho next time I'm in Orlando :)
Yeah, shoot me an email when you come down. My wife is from Canton and works at a Chevy dealership so I'm sure she would love to chat with someone from "home". I'll see if there are any discounts to be had at the attractions.

Dave

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
Wavydavy GTO said:
Here is the bad part, as some of you know, I'm a deputy here in Orange County (Orlando) and we are the target of Hurricane Francis. I was supposed to be off this weekend so I could really test out the car. Well that is probably going to change. After Charley I worked nine days straight and this one might be worse if it hits like they predict (guess) it will so who knows when I'll get to drive it. I should at least be off Friday so I'll try to cram all the pictures and driving impressions I can for everyone then.

I'll post something tomorrow when I pick it up. Take care.

Dave
You better store that car in a steel storage container, Frances is coming right for ya. This looks really bad. Good luck.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT06/refresh/AL0604W5+GIF/021453W5.gif

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Dave,
Don't be worrying about getting us those goat pics. We will wait.
:drink::drink:

·
21,898 Posts
Yeah at 8am on sunday on the map that mark is right over my house........

·
549 RWHP and 569 TQ
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the well wishing, we may need it. I did however pick up the car today. All I can say is WOW! The dyno numbers were not as high as I would have liked but I think they are low due to the fact that the engine was pretty hot from the tuning and it was like 95 deg. out and it couldn't cool down. Forgive me I don't have the torque numbers but I'll get them.

The first run was 350 hp. Not bad but I was at 315 before. Mike got it up to 400 and about the same torque. So 85hp to the wheels is the first go around. JRM346 saw a decent jump after the second tune so I think when we fine tune it and its not blazing hot outside I should see it pick up. Oh yeah, that hurricane kind of hurried things along as well.

The car feels great though. It pulls hard all the way across the band. It sounds great too, but it fights for air time with the exhaust. I'll take some pics and get the dyno sheets in a few days, after the storm. I'll post some more details about the install soon. Take care everyone.

Dave

1 - 20 of 46 Posts