·
LS1 N/A 11 Second Club
368 Posts
I believe the manual reads 5.7 quarts.

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
popknot98 said:
Noticed today that they recommend change at 25K miles. Knowing the selling dealer they probably didnt do it. So how many Qts. do i need. I will of course be useing the DERON III ATF, just don't know how many Qts. to use.
Use the new Dexron VI ATF, it's better and 100% backwards compatable.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Are we recommending just dropping the pan and changing the filter and fluid or doing a complete flush as well? When I get my new converter installed I am going to get a deeper pan with a drain plug on it for easier maintenance.

·
Kollar Racing Products
5,433 Posts
I am suprised that you didnt go for synthetics. If you cant get the old seal between the filter and the valve body out dont sweat it. Just reuse it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i would have reused it like i normally do, but the wild hair up my ass decided that i was gna change it. that and by the time i figured out it would have been a good idea to reuse it, i had already f'd it all up. but new one in and everything seems fine so far.

and i used a synthetic in my 93 z28, didnt like how it went at all. maybe it was a bad rebuild but soon after the synthetic swap it went and lost 4th....

·
woohoo got my license back
186 Posts
93 z28 had a bad transmission to begin with. if i recall it was a hydraulic 4L60 or the POS 700r4.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
700r4 is correct, lasted under my lead foot in highschool and after even for a good 40K miles. then i shatterd all the planetary stuff i guess. the re-builder was supposed to be awesome at getting good street/strip trannys. turned out it was a good strip, but horrible street.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts