LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Porch Dick
Joined
·
20,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to order new plates for my GTO. I had thought about getting regular Texas plates and doing something GTO related, but I don't think I am going to do that. I would do something suggesting that my car is faster than someone else's, but I'm not going to get too far off of stock and on the occasions that I go to the track, I prove to myself that I can't get the Goat down the strip as fast as I should, so that idea is out as well. That said, I did decide on one thing. Being from Texas and a big Dallas Mavericks fan, I am getting these Dallas Mavericks plates. Only downside is that I only get 5 characters. I can use a period, dash, or blank space if I choose. What I am thinking is:
MF-FL (Mavs Fan For Life) ((common term for anyone whose been to a game))
_MAVS
GOMAV
41MAV (41 being Dirk Nowitzki's number)
MAVFN

Can't really think of much else, 5 characters is hard to work with. I know it is probably a dumb, silly, thread for most, just seeing if anyone had any opinions or ideas. Another "thinking out loud" thing for me.

P.S. and O/T Any other Mavs fans on the board?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
TXGTO texas gto
SSGTO super sport gto
GTO R
GTOYA = GT OHHhh ya
GTOLV = GTO love
PNCHO poncho
AUSIO aussie "O"

GTO4L gto for life
GTO 1
06GTO
GTOGR GTO grrrrr
gtohIgottoomuchtimeonmyhandstonight:p
 

·
Member of the 500+ RWHP Club!
Joined
·
2,410 Posts
GTO 06
GT0 06
GT0 06


Morty
 

·
New PB MPH - 127.54
Joined
·
2,376 Posts
Don't go with something Maverick related for your actual plate number if you are getting the Maverick plates already.
 

·
Big Dave
Joined
·
928 Posts
gofst
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
bvbull200 said:
I am getting ready to order new plates for my GTO. I had thought about getting regular Texas plates and doing something GTO related, but I don't think I am going to do that. I would do something suggesting that my car is faster than someone else's, but I'm not going to get too far off of stock and on the occasions that I go to the track, I prove to myself that I can't get the Goat down the strip as fast as I should, so that idea is out as well. That said, I did decide on one thing. Being from Texas and a big Dallas Mavericks fan, I am getting these Dallas Mavericks plates. Only downside is that I only get 5 characters. I can use a period, dash, or blank space if I choose. What I am thinking is:
MF-FL (Mavs Fan For Life) ((common term for anyone whose been to a game))
_MAVS
GOMAV
41MAV (41 being Dirk Nowitzki's number)
MAVFN

Can't really think of much else, 5 characters is hard to work with. I know it is probably a dumb, silly, thread for most, just seeing if anyone had any opinions or ideas. Another "thinking out loud" thing for me.

P.S. and O/T Any other Mavs fans on the board?

I wouldn't go with a Nowitzki reference just in case the unthinkable happens and he gets traded or leaves as a free agent. Then you're stuck with something you don't want.

How bout ...

6THMN or 6_MAN - sixth man
DMAVS - Dallas Mavs
 

·
TACHNUP
Joined
·
2,310 Posts
bvbull200 said:
...MF-FL ...
I think (derogatory term) Florida when I see this choice.

As the others have suggested, I'd go with something GTO related.
 

·
I LOVE YOU PAP
Joined
·
864 Posts
out of your choices "_MAVS" or "GOMAV" look the best
 

·
Porch Dick
Joined
·
20,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wizard of Iz said:
I wouldn't go with a Nowitzki reference just in case the unthinkable happens and he gets traded or leaves as a free agent. Then you're stuck with something you don't want.
How bout ...
6THMN or 6_MAN - sixth man
DMAVS - Dallas Mavs
Yeah, don't think I would tie myself down to a player, even though I am pretty confident that he will be around for a while. I like that 6THMN...might have to look into that. I asked about MFFL today and they said it was taken by none other than Mark Cuban (Mavs owner).

The only GTO related plates that I can think of (and like) are: MYGTO and 04GTO. It is kinda rough with only 5 spots to use. I know the GTO is plenty fast and everything, but I don't think I am going to reference that either. Plenty of quicker cars at the track and I don't plan on doing much more performance-wise. I don't care for the thought of boasting speed on my plates, only to get rolled by a beefed up Mustang, Vette, or dare I say, Honda (you know, the $2k car with $10k in mods).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Not trying to hi-jack your post, but I figured better here than adding a new post just like this one. Can I get some opinions on these plates? Hopefully no one in NC will steal any of these before I decide(hopefully this attachment works)...
LicPlate.jpg
 

·
The ORIGINAL Robofuzz
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
If you're a Mavs fan, maybe you should get one of these as your LP:

CHOKE

OWNED

MIAMI

:stickpoke
 

·
Porch Dick
Joined
·
20,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Robofuzz said:
If you're a Mavs fan, maybe you should get one of these as your LP:

CHOKE

OWNED

MIAMI

:stickpoke
I was waiting for some peabrain to come out of the woodworks...
 

·
The ORIGINAL Robofuzz
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
bvbull200 said:
I was waiting for some peabrain to come out of the woodworks...
Just joshing ya. I'm just jealous that they apparently don't make Spurs plates.
 

·
Porch Dick
Joined
·
20,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Robofuzz said:
Just joshing ya. I'm just jealous that they apparently don't make Spurs plates.
Okay...I'll let it slide this time ;). They just added the Astros and Rangers recently. At least I don't remember seeing those a couple weeks ago. The more I think of 6THMN, the more I like it...great thinking Wizard.
 

·
Chillin'
Joined
·
337 Posts
If you're a Mavs fan, go old school:

TRPLY
or
BLKMN
 

·
quasi-boob
Joined
·
594 Posts
FYI: there is no o on texas plates. they just use 0 (zero) found that out when i picked mine up.
 

·
Porch Dick
Joined
·
20,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mizzou1307 said:
If you're a Mavs fan, go old school:

TRPLY
or
BLKMN
Ha ha ha ha....Roy Tarpley, thats funny. Didn't pop in my head right away, for some reason I kept thinking "Triple Play" and that made no sense. I guess Davis wouldn't have the same old school affect, too common of a name. I wonder how many people would recognize a Chris Anstey reference...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Robofuzz said:
If you're a Mavs fan, maybe you should get one of these as your LP:

CHOKE

OWNED

MIAMI

:stickpoke
BEST License Plate Response EVER!

hHahahhah
 

·
Chillin'
Joined
·
337 Posts
bvbull200 said:
Ha ha ha ha....Roy Tarpley, thats funny. Didn't pop in my head right away, for some reason I kept thinking "Triple Play" and that made no sense. I guess Davis wouldn't have the same old school affect, too common of a name. I wonder how many people would recognize a Chris Anstey reference...
Another possibility is Fat Lever. Although he wasn't with the mavs for long, he's got a great name. FTLVR probably wouldn't work. Too easy to think Fat Lover
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top