claybar
wash with z7
apply z5
apply z2
apply z5
apply z2
finish with z6

also i will have zfx....

should i do the two coats of the z5 and z2 or wait another day....or do i do 2 coats of z5 and then one of z2 on top?

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
I assume you're using ZFX with the Z2/Z5. If so, you're at the "max 3 coats/day" limit Sal talks about.

I would do the first Z5 coat and see how the paint looks. If you had any swirls, can you still see them? If yes, apply another Z5 until happy, then switch to Z2. If no, just go to the Z2.

Before the Nats, I put 6 coats of Z5 Pro on (using Z6 quick detail in between coats) before switching to Z2 Pro, and putting 4 coats on...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RobertHammen said:
I assume you're using ZFX with the Z2/Z5. If so, you're at the "max 3 coats/day" limit Sal talks about.

I would do the first Z5 coat and see how the paint looks. If you had any swirls, can you still see them? If yes, apply another Z5 until happy, then switch to Z2. If no, just go to the Z2.

Before the Nats, I put 6 coats of Z5 Pro on (using Z6 quick detail in between coats) before switching to Z2 Pro, and putting 4 coats on...
Wow i bet that looked good but i don't have that much time today... so say i do 2 coats of the z5 and finish up with the 1 coat of z2 and then 1 z6 coat tomorrow can i do z5 back over the top of it all.....?

·
Scared GOAT-less
416 Posts
Yupp you can do that. When I did mine a couple weeks ago I did 2 z5's then one z2. Then the next day I did 1 z5 then 2 z2's. You can intermingle them all together how ever you like. Also you can finish with the z5 it wont hurt anything. I just tend to finish with the z2 and detail spray. Have fun !!!! Your gonna love it when you get done .:wiggle:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks time to get started!!!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All done....

my GF has the digi cam so if the weather is good ill take some pics tomorrow.. how much do you usually get out of the z5 and z2 i got 2 coats out of half a zfx bottle of the z5? is the enough or too much... just right?

·
Scared GOAT-less
416 Posts
:mswerd: ..........And lets see some pics !!!!!!:burnout:

·
Registered
310 Posts
forget that i even posted

·
Omertà
5,303 Posts
From the spacing of your posts, it sound like it took about 4 hours. Is that about the average time spent for first time use? I'm seriously thinking about spending the coinage & trying zaino.

·
Registered
506 Posts
BLK2005GTO said:
Zaino sounds like to much WORK to detail a car!!!! I was going to try it but I kept hearing use this and this and then this, OMG I want to ride in my Goat not spend all day on my day off to clean it up! Heres some pics of mine with Meguaires Gold, Shines just like Zaino with less than 2 hours in detailing, Hey that leaves enought ime to go for a ride!!!!http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m280/Blk2005gto/
Zaino is no more work to detail a car than any other product. They just have more specialized products for specific purposes.

And that Meguaires looks exactly like my '05 PBM did... milky.

I know you think it looks fantasic, but if you took the time and effort to do the multi-stage Zaino approach, you would DEFINITELY see the difference.

I certainly did on my '05 PBM and I use nothing but Zaino on my '06 IBM.

For what it's worth.

·
Registered
506 Posts
luke0927 said:
tell me if this sounds right....

wash with dawn
claybar
wash with z7
apply z5
apply z2
apply z5
apply z2
finish with z6

also i will have zfx....

should i do the two coats of the z5 and z2 or wait another day....or do i do 2 coats of z5 and then one of z2 on top?
Sounds good to me.

One thing... FWIW...

Zaino pushes using only 100% "Made In America" cotton towels. I won't debate that but I've used 'em and they suck IMO. Too much lint and too expensive.

Walmart sells microfibre washclothes about $5 for eight. Blue usually.

They work better than the cotton towels, leave zero lint, and are way, way cheaper. I think wolfdog uses those, too. He's a real pro with Zaino so you can check with him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts