LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any more info on this? I'm getting the ABS fault code/Trac off periodically upon start up only. It's been in the shop and they tightened down the sensors, replaced the hub bearing (?) and harness. I'm still getting the fault.

I've searched and haven't found a definitive answer as to why.

Any ideas?

·
My normal state of affairs...
5,909 Posts
i got the same thing today right after driving in stop and go traffic for an hour. weird

·
Registered
27 Posts
JJJTMC said:
Any more info on this? I'm getting the ABS fault code/Trac off periodically upon start up only. It's been in the shop and they tightened down the sensors, replaced the hub bearing (?) and harness. I'm still getting the fault.

I've searched and haven't found a definitive answer as to why.

Any ideas?
I've had the same problem. It only happens occasionally at start up. If I shut off the car and turn it right back on the code is gone.

I brought it to the dealership and asked them to look into it while it was having other warranty work done and they could not replicate it so I'm sol for now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These sound the same, I turn the car off and back on and it dissappears.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,958 Posts
Sounds like a bad wiring connection between the ABS hydraulic control (the bit under the hood with the brake lines attached to it) and the Body Control Module.

Next time you take it to the dealer, make their electronics tech, use a multi-meter and check the 2 wiring harnesses. I guess (repeat guess) that this is the issue as the problem is intermitent.

Good Luck.

·
Autobahn Fahrer
2,811 Posts

·
Clowface 2016
318 Posts
HIDs?

Do any of you guys have HIDs? After I put in my HIDs, upon my first start up I got the ABS fault and since then my T/C and CC don't work :bomb: . I never got the ABS fault again, but since then the two haven't worked. Gotta take it to the dealer to get them to fix it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No HIDs, but I did have Jeremy give me the tune. For the life of me I can't see anything in the program that could be tripping this.

·
Clowface 2016
318 Posts
It may just be an electrical gremlin. I know that from other posts, people with HIDs tend to have something similar to this happen because of the high current draw of the HIDs, especially right after start up, which causes low power in the electrical system, and faults the ABS, which is tied in with the T/C and supposedly the CC. Or it could be something else.... maybe ghosts or undercover agents....:secret:

·
AKA CrabbyDaddy
251 Posts
TurboManiacal said:
I get the code under these circumstances (seriously) goes away under restart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJpi0ZgxHWg
I got the codes under similar conditions caused by a blowout in a turn on a road course, the result was the same. Also got an “Airbag Fault”. The ABS and TC faults went away after a 20 minute battery disconnect. The Airbag fault required a new sensor to be installed.

·
My normal state of affairs...
5,909 Posts
well, mine was off when i went to get gas about an hour ago. weird. maybe it is just a gremlin

·
Autobahn Fahrer
2,811 Posts
PlanoGTO said:
I got the codes under similar conditions caused by a blowout in a turn on a road course, the result was the same. Also got an “Airbag Fault”. The ABS and TC faults went away after a 20 minute battery disconnect. The Airbag fault required a new sensor to be installed.
I've gotten the Airbag fault before too (under different circumstances - seat removal with battery connected) that just required a dealer reset of the computer.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,958 Posts
Have the harness checked with a multimeter for continuity. Sometimes there is a wire with a bad connection that will (under proper circumstances) pass voltage but when the load goes up the connection is lost. This makes the computer unhappy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts