LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've encountered a wonderful problem that is going to make me bring my GTO in. My AC works great when it's on...but when it's off, the AC LED turns itself on and off randomly... The AC does engage and disengage when the LED turns on/off. :barf:

Has anyone else seen this problem? I'd prefer know where it is before I bring it in if this is a known issue. I don't want them tearing up my dash if the problem is elsewhere.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I wonder if it tied to the wire bundle chaffing issue behind the glove box that is a known problem? It has caused the displays to go nuts.
:drink::drink:

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
If not the wire bundling issue, it's in the headunit. It'll be popped off and a new one installed instead of trying to manually fix it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Do you have the vent control in the defrost position? In defrost mode, the compressor will turn on and off as needed to de-humidify.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have the vent in the defrost mode, I normally keep it on re-circulate if I use AC, or I put it on head and feet...

I'd prefer this not be a wire bundle problem!!! lol I guess I'll find out...I'm going to bring it in next week.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
flyinlow said:
Do you have the vent control in the defrost position? In defrost mode, the compressor will turn on and off as needed to de-humidify.
Yes, but generally the indicator light will stay on regardless of whether or not the compressor is cycling on/off. Even when you have the A/C itself on, the compressor cycles on/off depending on load. But your light stays on because you are in A/C mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts