LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else's accelerator feel like it's fighting back sometimes? Feels weird, like I can't push it all the way, then it lets up and I can. Feels like some kind of control mechanism. Anyone?

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Traction control.
Dan

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Traction Control

powrtrippin said:
Seriously? Man, for a minute there I thought I was losing my mind. So, if I turn of the TCS, will it go away?
Yup! A4 or M6?

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
It'll also go away if you don't push quite so hard too, by the way. I am currently working on relatively quick but silent launches from traffic lights (well, sans squealing and smoking, at least) and have virtually eliminated the T/C kicking in. I still turn it off occasionally just for fun... ;)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
powrtrippin said:
Does anyone else's accelerator feel like it's fighting back sometimes? Feels weird, like I can't push it all the way, then it lets up and I can. Feels like some kind of control mechanism. Anyone?
I sure sympathize with that weird feeling. My first reaction was "why is the accelerator hitting me"??!!?? I have had Traction control on other cars and it was not this aggressive. (my personal belief is that it is an Aussie thing dealing with Pooftas) I use the tap on the foot as a reminder to turn the T/C off. (except if it's wet outside)
:drink: :drink:

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
I think you guys are verty trusting to just be stomping on the gas hard enough to kick it in all the time - and then wanting to have it default off instead of on. If you are really kicking it in that often - think what you'd have for tires after a bit...

Oh, and this thread gave me a thought. Should we come up with a 'newbie FAQ' that will answer the redundant questions we get and sticky it? If anybody agrees it would be worthwhile, I may work on it this weekend...
Dan

·
Registered
139 Posts
noticed it in an m6 i test drove but not in the m6 i bought maybe i just need to pay attention.I told my salesman my 1-4 shiftlight wasn't working and on the way home that night it came on twice, but that was trying to get it to about ten times oh well have fun

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
Oh, and this thread gave me a thought. Should we come up with a 'newbie FAQ' that will answer the redundant questions we get and sticky it? If anybody agrees it would be worthwhile, I may work on it this weekend...
Dan
Excellent idea, RschumacherfanDan!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
Dan
Outstanding Idea!!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
Dan
Great idea. I will certainly use it.

Homebound GTO said:
Tap on the foot? Mine kicks like a mule.
I was understating for effect. Mine also kicks like a mule.

·
Registered
430 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
I think you guys are verty trusting to just be stomping on the gas hard enough to kick it in all the time - and then wanting to have it default off instead of on. If you are really kicking it in that often - think what you'd have for tires after a bit...

Dan
Good thinking, would you be adding the technical problems in there too?

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
368 Posts
I didnt know what that was either at first then i thought about it,and it was happening to me every time i let off the clutch too fast, if you drive with it on you will where your back brakes out real quick if youve got the lead foot!

·
Registered
774 Posts
American Pooftahs are quite crafty and cunning...capable of blocking left lanes for miles on otherwise vacant Interstates. It's really a more an art than a science.

·
Registered
21 Posts
DANSLS1 said:

Dan
The "newbie faq" is a Great idea! Newbie or not, there are times I can't remember all that I have read on this terrific site. I have printed various threads of interest, but now I find that I have to use a 3-ring notebook so that I can find stuff again.

Perhaps posting the 8-page "Getting to know your GTO" booklet might help some folks too.

In addition, I haven't read any discussion about folks using the "MyGMLink" website either.

Anyway, Thanks for all the great info.

Diane

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
The MyGMLink would be great if it had more substance to it. I check it every couple of days to see if anything has changed and I intend to track service work there as well 'cause it's a neat idea...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts